Director of People Operations - US (Remote)
Weights & Biases
People & HR, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
At Weights & Biases, our mission is to build the best developer tools for machine learning. Weights & Biases is a series C company with $250 million in funding and a rapidly growing user base. Our platform is an essential piece of the daily work for machine learning engineers, from academic research institutions like FAIR and UC Berkeley to massive enterprise teams including iRobot, OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, Samsung, NVIDIA, Salesforce, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Lyft, and more.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer the Director, People Operations will own the strategy and implementation of our global people systems, in addition to being a key contributor to critical elements of employee experience including onboarding, offboarding, our survey program, and total rewards.
The Director, People Operations will partner closely with the People leadership team and key cross-functional partners in finance, legal and security to lead global expansion efforts, and ensure compliance with local requirements in all locations where W&B has employees.
- Implement and maintain systems, processes and programs; including but not limited to onboarding/offboarding, global mobility, immigration, compliance, and HRIS administration. Own the company's HRIS strategy and People team tools.
- Own execution of international expansion plans, ensuring a great employee experience.
- Design strong data management practices for data integrity and security. Own employee data, ensuring accuracy, timely updates and providing support to the senior leadership team in making data driven decisions.
- Partner closely with People Business Partners, Recruiting, Payroll, Legal, Accounting, Security, and Finance to integrate people solutions and champion various cross-functional projects
- Mentor, and coach your team to ensure growth, development and ability to deliver on their objectives
- Define, present, and execute a strategy for all benefits and make recommendations regarding innovative benefits that set W&B apart as an employer
- 10+ years of experience working with HRIS and HR technologies. Implementation experience is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated communication and change management skills
- Experience working in a global organization, with international expansion experience required
- Exceptional attention to detail, with an ability and initiative to improve processes and find efficiencies
- Experience contributing to total rewards programs, including compensation structures and benefits programs
- Our Benefits
- 🏝️ Flexible time off
- 🩺 Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and Family Coverage
- 🏠 Remote first culture with in-office flexibility in San Francisco
- 💵 Home office budget with a new high-powered laptop
- 🥇 Truly competitive salary and equity
- 🚼 12 weeks of Parental leave (U.S. specific)
- 📈 401(k) (U.S. specific)
- Supplemental benefits may be available depending on your location
- Explore benefits by country
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't perfectly align with the job description as we seek out diverse and creative perspectives. Team members who love to learn and collaborate in an inclusive environment will flourish with us. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, reach out at email@example.com.