Events Marketing Manager - EMEA
Weights & Biases
Administration, Marketing & Communications
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
At Weights & Biases, our mission is to build the best developer tools for machine learning. Weights & Biases is a series C company with $250 million in funding and a rapidly growing user base. Our platform is an essential piece of the daily work for machine learning engineers, from academic research institutions like FAIR and UC Berkeley to massive enterprise teams including iRobot, OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, Samsung, NVIDIA, Salesforce, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Lyft, and more.
Reporting to the Head of Demand Generation, the Event Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning and executing our events strategy & tactics in EMEA, from small dinners, meetups to large conferences.
The Event Marketing Manager **will partner closely with the Demand Generation and entire Growth team as well as external partners to coordinate & align user/community events with commercial motions, and our CRO and GTM leadership to establish a tight loop between Growth and Sales, both pre-and post-event. This person is expected to execute, both, event strategy and the tactics, internationally in EMEA.
- Coordinate marketing events to include venue selection, contract negotiation, speakers, sponsors, invitees, logistics, AV & webinar setup, registration, email blasts, direct mailers, budget reconciliation, e-marketing systems management, swag requests, etc.
- Create unique event experiences that communicate the company’s ethos in service of its value proposition and GTM motions
- Manage and maintain internal and external facing event calendars and a steady cadence of high-value events
- Work closely with the sales and sales development teams on pre-event communications and event lead follow-up
- Project management of materials creation, staffing, on-site set-up and logistics, working with a range of stakeholders, including agency partners, product and field marketing teams, and executive staff
- Prepare and comply with event budgets, negotiate with vendors, and ensure payments & reconciliations take place in a timely manner.
- Solicit internal and external feedback and manage post-event program evaluations to ensure learnings, results, ROI, and areas for improvement are effectively captured
- +3 years of experience in program/event marketing role in a fast-paced SaaS environment
- Organized, detail-oriented and highly motivated, with project management experience in deadline-driven environment
- Executive presence: knows how to interact with senior leaders (VP-level, CxO, MD) at public & private companies, venture firms, key customers, key prospects
- Able to work independently, managing various projects and priorities
- Ability to travel internationally in EMEA — to attend highly strategic events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't perfectly align with the job description as we seek out diverse and creative perspectives. Team members who love to learn and collaborate in an inclusive environment will flourish with us. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, reach out at email@example.com.