Engineering Manager - Machine Learning Workflows (Remote)
Weights & Biases
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
At Weights & Biases, our mission is to build the best developer tools for machine learning. Weights & Biases is a series C company with $250 million in funding and a rapidly growing user base. Our platform is an essential piece of the daily work for machine learning engineers, from academic research institutions like FAIR and UC Berkeley to massive enterprise teams including iRobot, OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, Samsung, NVIDIA, Salesforce, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Lyft, and more.
We are hiring an engineering manager to lead the development of our next-generation enterprise-grade model and data management product. In this role, you will be responsible for building and overseeing a team of talented engineers, guiding architectural decisions, and working closely with the product team to make sure we build the most critical features for our customers.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to define product requirements, scope, and milestones.
- Drive the development of key product features, such as fine-grain access control mechanisms, workflow automations, and scaling performance limitations.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to the team, ensuring high-quality code, architectural integrity, and scalability.
- Work closely with customers to gather feedback, understand pain points, and iterate on the product roadmap.
- Mentor and provide feedback to engineers on the team, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous learning.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in software engineering, with a strong background in building and delivering complex software products.
- Previous experience (2+ years) in a leadership or managerial role, with a track record of effectively managing and growing engineering teams.
- Previous experience building ML based products or building tools for ML teams.
- Deep technical expertise in areas such as high performance computing, model deployment, and data management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate across functions and present technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't perfectly align with the job description as we seek out diverse and creative perspectives. Team members who love to learn and collaborate in an inclusive environment will flourish with us. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.