Director, Business Development - US
Weights & Biases
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2023
At Weights & Biases, our mission is to build the best developer tools for machine learning. Weights & Biases is a series C company with $250 million in funding and a rapidly growing user base. Our platform is an essential piece of the daily work for machine learning engineers, from academic research institutions like FAIR and UC Berkeley to massive enterprise teams including iRobot, OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, Samsung, NVIDIA, Salesforce, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Lyft, and more.
Weights & Biases is seeking a Director of Business Development to support our growing Partner Ecosystem. In this role, you will forge and lead partnerships with top-tier Cloud, ISV, and Channel/SI partners. This role is open to candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area or Seattle, and will report to the VP of Business Development.
- Build and lead the management of key partnerships, including Cloud, ISV and Channel; define the strategy, GTM product integrations, co-innovation and joint offerings
- Work with partners to develop new and innovative integrations, distribution models that drive revenue
- Actively participate in the sales cycle for larger opportunities to drive co-sell with partners.
- Proactively build relationships with partner GTM teams and educate them on the joint value proposition of Weights & Biases and their respective offerings
- Collaborate with Marketing to design and implement innovative marketing programs to achieve revenue goals
- Develop and execute on a quarterly business plans with partners
- 5+ years of experience in a role focused on building and leading partnerships in the Data & AI ecosystem with Cloud, ISV, and Channel/SI partners
- Strong understanding of the companies, products, use cases in the AI/ML, Cloud, and Data ecosystem
- Experience leading partnerships with Microsoft Azure with NVIDIA, Google Cloud and Snowflake being a nice to have.
- Ability to understand and communicate to diverse technical and non-technical audiences across all levels
- Strong ability to develop joint value propositions with partners and cultivate champions within partner organizations
- Top-notch presentation, negotiation, and business planning skills
- Ability to articulate competitive positioning and differentiation
- Demonstrated success in highly collaborative partnerships with GTM, Marketing and Product teams
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with the ability to adapt to change
- Comfortable working with ambiguity, prioritizing efforts, and building a plan to execute against growth
- Strong project and relationship management - you’ll spend a lot of time working with external individuals to launch and grow our partnerships successfully
- Experience nurturing field engagement
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent relevant experiences. Masters preferred
- 🏝️ Flexible time off
- 🩺 Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and Family Coverage
- 🏠 Remote first culture with in-office flexibility in San Francisco
- 💵 Home office budget with a new high-powered laptop
- 🥇 Truly competitive salary and equity
- 🚼 12 weeks of Parental leave (U.S. specific)
- 📈 401(k) (U.S. specific)
- Supplemental benefits may be available depending on your location
- Explore benefits by country
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't perfectly align with the job description as we seek out diverse and creative perspectives. Team members who love to learn and collaborate in an inclusive environment will flourish with us. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.