Information Security Analyst
As an Information Security Analyst you will assist more senior members of the team in managing day to day security operations, including Investigating & resolving alerts & reports from Endpoint Detection & Response tools (EDR, CrowdStrike), mail filtering tools (Checkpoint Harmony), and others.You will also respond to client requests for sensitive information on VTS’s security practices by having a clear understanding of VTS’s security & engineering practices, and primary focus areas of clients’ risk concerns. Additionally you will have the opportunity to run information security evaluation & implementation projects, which may include reputation management solutions, issue/risk tracking solutions and others.You will leverage your experience to manage identified vulnerabilities, from triage & risk rating, to brainstorming with engineers on solutions, to tracking progress against defined targets. You will also develop & deliver training to VTS team members, tailored to sensitive data access, PII access, software development (secure code development tooling), and others. As part of your role, you will also have the opportunity to work with external auditors for our annual SOC2 audit process, and several other audits and gap assessments, including but not limited to ISO27001, Data Privacy standards, Incident Response tabletop exercises, and more. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work with multiple teams within VTS, including Engineering, Sales, Product Management, Customer Support, some clients during their diligence process, and others.As necessary, gain experience in the security incident response process during preparatory exercises and, if/when necessary, during live incidents.
And much more!To thrive in this role you must be eager and willing to learn, be persistent, and be curious. This can include learning about new tools or new skills (project management, vulnerability management, risk assessment and others), new product offerings, new clients, and other companies as VTS acquires or partners with them.
VTS can change quickly, and Information Security adapts to support it.Here’s what you can expect as an Information Security Analyst:
- Initial Review & Triage on Key Security Alerts & Notifications: Investigate the initial reports from our security operations tooling on unusual activity, perform initial review & information gathering, and make recommendations on escalation status, with guidance from more experienced team members.
- Execute & Improve our Vulnerability Management Program: Work with vulnerability owners, engineering managers, and product owners to clearly articulate risk from identified vulnerabilities, possibilities for remediation, and track status of those remedial efforts. Report on vulnerability status, timelines and associated targets.
- A Relentless Commitment to Professional Improvement: VTS Information Security team members have all achieved significant certifications in the last year, including but not limited to the CISSP, Security+, AWS DevOps’ Engineering Professional & others. And you’ll be no different - working with more experienced team members, you’ll build out a skills development plan, including one (or more!) certification targets. VTS supports all such professional improvement plans with appropriate stipends.
- Many Learning Opportunities: VTS is evolving, and Information Security is evolving & maturing with it. That evolution requires us to evaluate & implement new tools, new processes, and new ways of thinking to support these new business endeavors. As part of these efforts, you’ll assist in developing vendor comparison criteria, conduct vendor research, and help make recommendations on which vendor solution(s) best work for VTS.
- Never A Dull Day: The business landscape in Proptech changes quickly. VTS leads some of those changes, and reacts to others - Information Security is a committed partner to the business, and moves just as quickly, in order to effectively support the business. This may include new tools, new products, entering in to new geographies, and Mergers & Acquisitions as necessary.
What VTS Values & How We Show It
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - quarterly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS is the commercial real estate industry’s only technology company that unifies owners, operators, brokers, and tenants in a single platform to capitalize on opportunities revealed in every square foot of their properties. In 2013, VTS revolutionized the commercial real estate industry’s leasing operations with what is now VTS Lease. Today, the VTS Platform is the largest first-party data source in the industry, transforming how strategic decisions are made and executed by CRE professionals across the globe.
With the VTS Platform, consisting of VTS Lease, VTS Market, VTS Activate, and VTS Data, every business stakeholder in commercial real estate is given real-time market information and workflow tools to do their job with unparalleled speed and intelligence. VTS is the global leader, with more than 60% of Class A office space in the U.S., and 12 billion square feet of office, retail, and industrial space is managed through our platform worldwide. VTS’ user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals and industry-leading customers such as Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, BXP, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE. To learn more about VTS, and to see our open roles, visit www.vts.com.
VTS maintains offices in New York City, London, Toronto, Chicago, and San Francisco.
To learn more about VTS and to see our open roles, visit us at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.