Senior Software Engineer-Data
We are seeking a skilled engineer to join the Core Data team within the Platform engineering organization. Our team is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining robust data pipelines, warehouses and architectures that support efficient data ingestion and transformation. By building data solutions that are secure, reliable and scalable, but that also minimize time-to-insight, we enable data-driven decision making by internal teams as well as VTS’ customers.
To thrive in this role you:
- Have strong programming skills in one or more languages like Python, Scala, or Ruby
- Are proficient in SQL and have experience with data modeling and data warehouses (e.g. Snowflake)
- Have built, tested, and maintained data pipelines, ideally for both bulk and streaming use cases
- Have experience with orchestration tools like Airflow, data processing technologies like Spark, as well as streaming solutions (e.g., Kafka, Flink)
- Are comfortable building infrastructure-as-code with tools like Terraform and are familiar with a cloud provider like AWS
- Are a creative problem solver and can tackle ambiguous problems independently but love collaborating with a team
- Have strong communication skills as well as empathy for business analysts discovering new insights and data scientists building machine learning models
- Recognize that moving data around is only part of the puzzle and that ensuring data reliability, governance, and discoverability is critical
- Can write architecture decisions records (ADRs) to align and document key decisions, as well as gather requirements and breakdown work for a team to implement
- Enjoy variety. The solutions we build are varied in approach and complexity and you do just as well diving in to learn about new approaches and technology as you do maintaining an existing pipeline
What you can expect:
- Building: Build robust and scalable data ingestion, transformation, and distribution solutions across various sources and systems.
- Designing: Play a vital role in the design phase of projects. Your experience will be leveraged to design solutions thoughtfully, addressing current requirements and future scalability.
- Enhancing our processes, tools, and technology: Align, implement and improve our standard approaches for data ingestion and transformation that reduce latency and support quick time-to-insight.
- Collaboration: Work closely with your team, engaging in activities such as code reviews, pair programming, and collaborative architecture design. Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software developers and data scientists, to integrate advanced data-driven features into our software products.
- Continuous improvement: Drive continuous improvement in our data engineering practices, adopting the latest technologies and methodologies to keep our data infrastructure at the forefront of the industry.
What VTS Values & How We Show It
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS is the commercial real estate industry’s only technology company that unifies owners, operators, brokers, and tenants in a single platform to capitalize on opportunities revealed in every square foot of their properties. In 2013, VTS revolutionized the commercial real estate industry’s leasing operations with what is now VTS Lease. Today, the VTS Platform is the largest first-party data source in the industry, transforming how strategic decisions are made and executed by CRE professionals across the globe.
With the VTS Platform, consisting of VTS Lease, VTS Market, VTS Activate, and VTS Data, every business stakeholder in commercial real estate is given real-time market information and workflow tools to do their job with unparalleled speed and intelligence. VTS is the global leader, with more than 60% of Class A office space in the U.S., and 12 billion square feet of office, retail, and industrial space is managed through our platform worldwide. VTS’ user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals and industry-leading customers such as Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, BXP, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE. To learn more about VTS, and to see our open roles, visit www.vts.com.
VTS maintains offices in New York City, London, Toronto, Chicago, and San Francisco.
To learn more about VTS and to see our open roles, visit us at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
VTS will provide any necessary accommodation during the recruitment and selection process to an employee or applicant with a disability.