Staff Product Designer
As a Staff Product Designer, you will be expected to execute on a suite of web and mobile products that help our end users stay connected across their leasing operations and their buildings, workplaces and teams. This role will support a major new initiative in multi-family residential buildings dealing with access, visitor management, kiosks, package management, and more. You will be designing multi-family experiences with 3 dedicated squads of PMs, designers, and engineers taking your work from 0 to 1 for our flagship product Activate. You will work in a dedicated agile squad to conduct research, prototype solutions, and deliver highly-attuned customer experiences in 2-6 week cycles, but also be part of our larger design function of 12 UX/UI Design specialists. You’ll also have the opportunity to work with some of the largest asset companies in the world.
To thrive in this role you should possess experience working with complex workflows that may have several dependencies, be comfortable making and explaining design trade offs and decisions, have solid mobile experience with iOS, Androids, and tablets, and have some design systems background as you might need to create new mobile patterns. You’ll be comfortable mapping current processes and legacy systems so that you can discover what’s working and what’s not in basic heuristic evaluations. You’ll be an excellent collaborator that proactively reaches out to stakeholders and all your cross-functional partners to balance design, business, and engineering needs. You naturally enjoy problem solving and have excellent communication and presentation skills. You’re able to rationalize design decisions with Design and non-Design stakeholders alike.
Here’s what you can expect as a Staff Product Designer:
- Design products and features, proactively solving for non-linear user journeys and cross-product considerations across relevant users and permissions.
- Make high-impact improvements to patterns and views throughout our design system, increasing product coherence through consolidation, simplification, and usability improvements.
- Lead cross-functional research exercises and organize analytics to identify our customers’ jobs to be done, and the most promising areas for execution and optimization.
- Proactively pitch ideas, and exhibit clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, contributing design process and strategies to your product and the Design team.
- Quickly ramp on the substantial real estate domain and multi-family, with a particular focus on building products that serve a variety of stakeholders/end users.
- Partner closely with your Product Manager, Tech Lead, and Engineers to discover and solve complex problems, within a culture of teamwork, partnership and respect.
VTS is the commercial real estate industry’s only technology company that unifies owners, operators, brokers, and tenants in a single platform to capitalize on opportunities revealed in every square foot of their properties. In 2013, VTS revolutionized the commercial real estate industry’s leasing operations with what is now VTS Lease. Today, the VTS Platform is the largest first-party data source in the industry, transforming how strategic decisions are made and executed by CRE professionals across the globe.
With the VTS Platform, consisting of VTS Lease, VTS Market, VTS Activate, and VTS Data, every business stakeholder in commercial real estate is given real-time market information and workflow tools to do their job with unparalleled speed and intelligence. VTS is the global leader, with more than 60% of Class A office space in the U.S., and 12 billion square feet of office, retail, and industrial space is managed through our platform worldwide. VTS’ user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals and industry-leading customers such as Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, BXP, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE. To learn more about VTS, and to see our open roles, visit www.vts.com.
VTS maintains offices in New York City, London, Toronto, Chicago, and San Francisco.
To learn more about VTS and to see our open roles, visit us at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
VTS will provide any necessary accommodation during the recruitment and selection process to an employee or applicant with a disability.