Senior Machine Learning Engineer
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated engineer to join the Data Science and Analytics Engineering team within the Platform organization. Our team has built a number of ML/NLP models to automate data processing and entity resolution across a wide array of our core datasets. The models we build enable our users to get an unparalleled view of the wider CRE market, demanding optimal precision, as a single error has the potential for market moving impact. You will join the centralized data organization of a mid-sized, growth stage technology company where the opportunity for business-wide impact is huge!
To thrive in this role you...
- Have expertise in Machine Learning best practices (e.g. model evaluation and hyperparameter tuning, A/B test, feature engineering, feature/model selection), algorithms (e.g. gradient boosted trees, neural networks/deep learning, optimization) and domains (e.g. natural language processing, computer vision, personalization and recommendation, anomaly detection)
- Have experience with technologies such as Sci-kit learn, Pytorch, Tensorflow, ML Flow, Airflow, data warehouses (e.g. Snowflake, Redshift, etc)
- Have professional experience building and deploying machine learning models to production using AWS (Sagemaker), GCP or Azure - for either batch or real time inference applications
- Expert programmer in one or more of the following Python (preferable), C++, or Java
- Excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex topics to non-technical stakeholders
- Creative problem solver able to tackle ambiguous problems with little guidance
What you can expect:
- Building: Scalable, reliable and accurate machine learning systems that reduce the need for manual, human annotation and labeling.
- Designing: Design state of the art machine learning / AI solutions from end-to-end, owning everything from feature engineering to model evaluation and monitoring.
- Enhancing our processes, tools, and technology: Improve on our existing AI/ML capabilities for core product functionality (e.g. search). Enhance our ML platform capabilities, enabling the democratization of ML deployments across the company.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to find new opportunities
- Continuous improvement: Keep abreast of SOTA algorithms, translating the latest scientific papers into practical applications for the business.
What VTS Values & How We Show It
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS is the commercial real estate industry’s only technology company that unifies owners, operators, brokers, and tenants in a single platform to capitalize on opportunities revealed in every square foot of their properties. In 2013, VTS revolutionized the commercial real estate industry’s leasing operations with what is now VTS Lease. Today, the VTS Platform is the largest first-party data source in the industry, transforming how strategic decisions are made and executed by CRE professionals across the globe.
With the VTS Platform, consisting of VTS Lease, VTS Market, VTS Activate, and VTS Data, every business stakeholder in commercial real estate is given real-time market information and workflow tools to do their job with unparalleled speed and intelligence. VTS is the global leader, with more than 60% of Class A office space in the U.S., and 12 billion square feet of office, retail, and industrial space is managed through our platform worldwide. VTS’ user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals and industry-leading customers such as Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, BXP, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE. To learn more about VTS, and to see our open roles, visit www.vts.com.
VTS maintains offices in New York City, London, Toronto, Chicago, and San Francisco.
To learn more about VTS and to see our open roles, visit us at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
At VTS, we pride ourselves on articulating a clear and transparent philosophy around equitable, impartial compensation that will allow us to recruit and retain an exceptional team. Base salary is market driven at the point in time of offer and is based on tier 1 market data. The salary for this role will range between $160,000 to $175,000 and is determined by a few factors including your skills, prior relevant experience, quality of interviews, leveling and geography.