Senior Support Engineer
We're growing at an incredible pace and are looking for an experienced Senior Support Engineer to join the team in Toronto. The ideal candidate has a passion for Customer Support as well as meticulous attention to detail. As a Senior Support Engineer on the Engineering Production Support Team, you will be responsible for identifying and resolving complex issues that are impacting customers across the full VTS portfolio.
Your technical skills in combination with your passion for puzzle-solving will make you successful in resolving these complex issues in a timely fashion. You will learn and become knowledgeable on the platforms that VTS integrates with for access control, work order management, payments, and smart home technologies.
As a senior member of the team you will also provide guidance and mentorship to others on the team as needed.
Occasional travel will be required to provide engineering support for critical and/or highly complex issues at customer sites.
Here’s what you can expect as a Senior Support Engineer
- You will work daily with other support teams, integration specialists, development engineers, and quality engineers to proactively identify, triage, troubleshoot, and implement or recommend solutions to issues that are assigned to you.
- Work independently on assigned complex software and hardware issues to resolution
- Write, maintain, and review knowledge base documentation to assist the general and specialized support functions to be more self sufficient
- Mentor and train others on the Engineering Production Support Team
- Provide knowledge transfer and training to other support teams
- Learn and become knowledgeable on the platforms that VTS uses and integrates with for access control, work order management, payments, and smart home technologies
- Provide On-Call Engineering support as needed on a rotating basis
- Make recommendations to improve systems performance, security, and scalability
What VTS Values & How We Show It
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS is the commercial real estate industry’s only technology company that unifies owners, operators, brokers, and tenants in a single platform to capitalize on opportunities revealed in every square foot of their properties. In 2013, VTS revolutionized the commercial real estate industry’s leasing operations with what is now VTS Lease. Today, the VTS Platform is the largest first-party data source in the industry, transforming how strategic decisions are made and executed by CRE professionals across the globe.
With the VTS Platform, consisting of VTS Lease, VTS Market, VTS Activate, and VTS Data, every business stakeholder in commercial real estate is given real-time market information and workflow tools to do their job with unparalleled speed and intelligence. VTS is the global leader, with more than 60% of Class A office space in the U.S., and 12 billion square feet of office, retail, and industrial space is managed through our platform worldwide. VTS’ user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals and industry-leading customers such as Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, BXP, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE. To learn more about VTS, and to see our open roles, visit www.vts.com.
VTS maintains offices in New York City, London, Toronto, Chicago, and San Francisco.
To learn more about VTS and to see our open roles, visit us at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
VTS will provide any necessary accommodation during the recruitment and selection process to an employee or applicant with a disability.