Senior Director, Air Partnerships
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Uplift’s mission is to help people get more out of life, one thoughtful purchase at a time. Our enterprise Buy Now, Pay Later solution is used by the world’s most loved brands including Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, Carnival Cruise Line, Universal Studios, and more. With flexible pay over time installments, we empower consumers to buy what matters most while unlocking higher conversions and customer lifetime value for our partners.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds of leading travel, technology and financial brands. Uplift has been recently acquired by Upgrade, a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America. We have delivered over $24 billion in affordable and responsible credit over the last 5 years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans. We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts. Working at Uplift allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Uplift is looking for a highly experienced Senior Director, Air Partnerships to lead account/relationship management efforts as well as leverage existing and further develop relationships with large enterprise level partners in the airline industry. You will also apply deep analytical skills, and business judgment to refine strategic priorities, deliver operational excellence and promote new product innovation and growth.
The candidate must be able to communicate Uplift’s unique capabilities to deliver complex and customized payment and marketing solutions. The ideal candidate will be able to build meaningful relationships with influential people at varying levels within mid- and large airline accounts. This is a highly strategic role for the right person with experience in Uplift’s specific fintech and travel business domain.
What you will do and achieve
- Build strong, long-lasting senior-level executive relationships with large enterprise level clients, focusing on the air sector
- Plan, implement and manage highly strategic commercial activities and pipeline to short and long term business goals and annual revenue targets
- Drive market share and revenue in the airline vertical among existing and new airline and platform partners
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around Uplift’s BNPL solution
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive plan to expand large, complex accounts
- Scope projects, shape engagements, and help define business and product solutions that best satisfy partner needs and achieve their desired business outcomes
- Plan resources, organize and mobilize teams (including account management, solution design, UX and delivery teams)
- Work with Uplift’s executives and commercial team to ensure maximum client satisfaction and ongoing growth with Uplift
- Evangelize Uplift through executive-level presentations and client discussions, participation at events, speaking engagements, and trade shows
- Be a leader in Uplift’s fast-growing organization and help to build a high-performing commercial team over
Who you are
- 10+ years of B2B Commercial or General Management experience
- Ability to orchestrate complex relationships across marketing, e-commerce, finance, IT and other departments within an airline
- Ability to drive commercial and numerical analyses, negotiate complex deals, and turn these into concrete insights, actions, new products/services and improved key business results
- Strong preference for candidates with a background in the airline industry
- Strong strategy, research, analysis, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge, interest and experience in the travel industry
- Deep understanding of technical integrations and proven experience implementing travel tech/payment platforms
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships both internally and with C-level decision makers within the air travel vertical
- Experience and/or comfort in managing deals and speaking with decision makers at airlines
- Demonstrate excellent business judgment and have the ability to move and evolve with the fast-changing needs of the company and be comfortable making a call without all the information
- Aptitude for making organizational improvements to craft and implement new cutting-edge initiatives
- Collaborative relationship builder with a proven ability to deliver projects working with cross-functional stakeholders across multiple geographies
- Passionate about engaging and developing talent; attract, develop, engage and retain talented individuals with a compelling, unifying vision that steers and motivates
- Fluency in Spanish and experience in LatAm markets is an asset
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
We want you!
If you made it this far, chances are you’re as excited about working to change how people experience BNPL as we are — and we love that. Please apply even if you’re unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Uplift is looking for smart, intellectually curious people who are invested in our mission, not just those who can “check all the boxes”.
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Note: Uplift does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Uplift is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.