Risk Operations Analyst
Remote · Canada
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Uplift’s mission is to help people get more out of life, one thoughtful purchase at a time. Our enterprise Buy Now, Pay Later solution is used by the world’s most loved brands including Southwest Airlines, Carnival Cruise Line, Universal Studios, and more. With flexible pay over time installments, we empower consumers to buy what matters most while unlocking higher conversions and customer lifetime value for our partners.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds of leading technology and financial brands. Our HQ is in Sunnyvale, California with offices in Toronto, Ontario, New York, Reno, Nevada, and Guadalajara, Mexico.
Working at Uplift allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
As a Risk Operations Analyst, you will be responsible for handling outbound and inbound calls related to fraud, documenting cases, and investigating potentially fraudulent activity. A successful analyst will be able to work with internal teams and external customers to resolve cases of fraud and minimize potential losses.
What you will do and achieve
- Manage daily workflows related to claims of fraud through customer inquiries
- Perform investigations executing preliminary review, triage, and mitigation of fraud events, by use of internal data, publicly available information, along with various internal systems and input into a case management software
- Review an inbound queue of emails and voicemails responding to customer inquiries accordingly, ensuring identity verifications are compliant and SLAs are met
- Respond to credit disputes related to fraud ensuring deadlines are met and triages are performed diligently
- Communicate effectively with our customer service team related to customer claims of fraud making sure new and existing claims are being followed up on in a timely manner
- Provide input and collaborate on ad hoc assignments/projects as necessary
Who you are
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited college or university
- 1-2 years of experience in analyzing fraud trends, fraud disputes and prevention a plus
- Proficiency in Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, motivating, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a startup culture with the ability to earn trust
We want you!
If you made it this far, chances are you’re as excited about working to change how people experience BNPL as we are — and we love that. Please apply even if you’re unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Uplift is looking for smart, intellectually curious people who are invested in our mission, not just those who can “check all the boxes”.
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Note: Uplift does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Uplift is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at Uplift
Something looks off?