Remote · Canada
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Uplift’s mission is to help people get more out of life, one thoughtful purchase at a time. Our enterprise Buy Now, Pay Later solution is used by the world’s most loved brands including Southwest Airlines, Carnival Cruise Line, Universal Studios, and more. With flexible pay over time installments, we empower consumers to buy what matters most while unlocking higher conversions and customer lifetime value for our partners.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds of leading technology and financial brands. Our HQ is in Sunnyvale, California with offices in Toronto, Ontario, New York, Reno, Nevada, and Guadalajara, Mexico.
Working at Uplift allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
The Collections Manager will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations and leading the Collections team to ensure all past due balances are actively pursued.
What you will do and achieve
- Build Uplift’s long term collection strategy aimed to reduce costs, improve liquidation rates, and increase operational efficiency.
- Balance workload and optimize team structure and resources to achieve results and meet the business needs. Course correct when performance and metrics are not meeting expectations and course correct.
- Develop a high-performing cohesive team that encourages growth, development, trust, accountability, and open communication.
- Manage performance objectives of collections and continuously drive for results. Monitor collection and loss trends and effectively communicate and take action when needed.
- Manage third party collection agencies that Uplift works with to ensure KPIs are consistently met.
- Engage with past due customers to resolve delinquency while maintaining a positive long-standing relationship with the customer.
Who you are
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, or related software.
Life at Uplift
- Health Insurance and RRSP plan: some plans cover 99-100% premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance and a RRSP
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible, remote-first work culture. Uplift fosters a culture where employees can achieve both their professional and personal goals. This balance is especially true for our working parents
- Shared Success: competitive salary and Pre-IPO stock options
- Health and Wellness Perks: Uplift is proud to reimburse our employees for exercise, wellness products and activities as well as free counseling and coaching for physical, mental and emotional support
- Professional Development: We are committed to the growth and development of all of our employees. Uplift invests in professional conferences, certifications, and training for employees who want to grow in their careers
- Pick-A-Perk: money that can go towards something of your choosing within tuition reimbursement, student loan payment reimbursement, vacation savings account, charitable donations, or home office expenses
We want you!
If you made it this far, chances are you’re as excited about working to change how people experience BNPL as we are — and we love that. Please apply even if you’re unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Uplift is looking for smart, intellectually curious people who are invested in our mission, not just those who can “check all the boxes”.
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Note: Uplift does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Uplift is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at Uplift
Something looks off?