IT, Accounting & Finance
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Uplift’s mission is to help people get more out of life, one thoughtful purchase at a time. Our enterprise Buy Now, Pay Later solution is used by the world’s most loved brands including Southwest Airlines, Carnival Cruise Line, Universal Studios, and more. With flexible pay over time installments, we empower consumers to buy what matters most while unlocking higher conversions and customer lifetime value for our partners.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds of leading technology and financial brands. Our HQ is in Sunnyvale, California with offices in Toronto, Ontario, New York, Reno, Nevada, and Guadalajara, Mexico.
Working at Uplift allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Uplift is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Fraud Analyst to help fight against fraud. The ideal candidate should have a sharp analytical eye, be able to analyze raw data, and come up with solutions to complex problems. They should also have an in-depth knowledge of fraud methods, prevention techniques, and the ability to conduct investigations.
What you will do and achieve
- Review data from a variety of sources and uncover patterns of suspicious activity
- Utilize external and internal tools and data to thoroughly examine investigations
- Support fraud investigators, and collaborate with Product Managers and Data Scientists to create tailored rules for fraud rings
- Conduct fraud risk assessments for new and existing products, recognize potential risk areas and suggest necessary controls
- Contribute in special projects to optimize processes
- Support department head with urgent, unplanned projects and requests
- Communicate effectively both in verbal and written form
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the organization
- Maintain strict confidentiality
Who you are
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or similar
- 1-2+ years work experience in data analytics, business analytics, or fraud analytics in fraud teams
- Proficient in SQL or other equivalent languages
- Strong background on fraud in general and able to think critically
- Comfortable leveraging internal raw data in your investigations in addition to external tools from fraud vendors
- Familiar with compliance requirements, especially around OFAC, AML/BSA, and SAR
- Excellent writing, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with stakeholders
- Ability to think critically and come up with creative solutions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Set yourself apart with
- Able to build Tableau dashboards
- Proven track record of successful analytics skill
- Proficient in using case management systems in addition to vendor tools such as Threatmetrix
Life at Uplift
- Health Insurance and 401k plan: some plans cover 99-100% premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance and a 401k plan
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible, remote-first work culture. Uplift fosters a culture where employees can achieve both their professional and personal goals. This balance is especially true for our working parents
- Shared Success: competitive salary and Pre-IPO stock options
- Health and Wellness Perks: Uplift is proud to reimburse our employees for exercise, wellness products and activities as well as free counseling and coaching for physical, mental and emotional support
- Professional Development: We are committed to the growth and development of all of our employees. Uplift invests in professional conferences, certifications, and training for employees who want to grow in their careers
- Pick-A-Perk: money that can go towards something of your choosing within tuition reimbursement, student loan payment reimbursement, vacation savings account, charitable donations, or home office expenses
At Uplift, in accordance with the U.S pay transparency laws across various states, we provide the minimum and maximum pay range for each of our levels. This reflects the minimum and maximum ranges for new hire salaries. There are two ranges that reflect positions across all US locations. The first range includes: New York and California whereas the second range includes all other US states. Within each range, there are several different factors that are considered when determining compensation including but not limited to the candidate's location, title, years of experience, job related skills and relevant education. In addition to the base salary, we offer competitive benefits including medical, dental and vision and pre-ipo stock options.
$62k to $81k
$48k to $64k
We want you!
If you made it this far, chances are you’re as excited about working to change how people experience BNPL as we are — and we love that. Please apply even if you’re unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Uplift is looking for smart, intellectually curious people who are invested in our mission, not just those who can “check all the boxes”.
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Note: Uplift does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Uplift is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at Uplift
Something looks off?