Critical Safety Specialist
As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down-to-earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
About the team
Drive your future forward with Turo. We are looking for a passionate customer-focused professional with exceptional communication skills to join our Trust & Safety Critical Safety Specialist team. You will operate as the primary point of contact for escalated customer issues ensuring prompt resolutions and best-in-class customer support while driving continuous improvements to our processes and policies. This is an exciting opportunity to take part in a high-energy and diverse work environment for a rapidly growing company with global ambition.
This position is based in Phoenix, AZ, and will report to our Manager, Critical Safety Program.
What you will do
- Respond to inbound and outbound customer escalations via phone, email, and internal Slack messaging to de-escalate and manage complex situations and circumstances.
- Primary point of contact and follow-up consistently to ensure quick resolution but also to establish trust and repair our relationship with customers.
- Liaison between customers, Operations, Claims, and other Turo departments to resolve any issues by offering customer-focused solutions or providing status updates with an elevated level of attention, care, and follow-through.
- Research and meticulously document the customer’s issue, desired resolution, and any other needs or considerations making sure internal notes are up to date.
- Collaborate with team to build processes and reduce escalations; proactively provide suggestions for process and policy improvements.
- Work on multiple cases simultaneously to support the Turo community in an investigative capacity for resolution and brand protection.
- Fulfill requests and support the Trust and Safety team, which may include off-duty coverage, as needed to support the team and community.
- 3+ years of experience in a high level or VIP customer support environment
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, driving and embracing process improvements
- You have superb verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- You are comfortable communicating with others within the organization in a prompt and professional manner and providing front-line perspectives on key issues
- You possess advanced problem-solving and investigative skills, with a knack for uncovering, addressing, and getting to the root of any issue
- You are a team player, with a positive mental attitude, high energy, high integrity, enthusiasm, sense of humor and a commitment to the mission
- Experience using Zendesk, Kustomer or other customer service systems, Google Docs, MS Office, and incident management systems preferred
- BA/BS or work equivalent required
The Phoenix base pay for this full-time position is $53,500 + equity + benefits. Our salaries are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your work location during the hiring process. Please note that the salary range listed in this posting reflects the base salary only, and does not include bonus (if applicable), equity, or benefits.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.