Supervisor, Claims Subrogation
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book the perfect car for wherever you’re going from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and France. Whether you're flying in from afar or looking for a car down the street, searching for a rugged truck or something smooth and swanky, Turo puts you in the driver's seat of an extraordinary selection of cars shared by local hosts.
About the team:
This is a new team being built at Turo within our protection department. We are seeking an individual to help grow, hire, and staff a team responsible for auto damage subrogation.The new position of Subrogation Supervisor provides technical expertise and guidance to Subrogation Processors and ensures file handling meets or exceeds all company guidelines and state requirements. They ensure focus is placed on quality contact, accuracy, and file resolution.
The Subrogation Supervisor oversees a team of Subrogation Processors responsible for addressing subrogation demands and submitting them to the appropriate party. The team reviews the demands to be presented, analyzes available PD liability limits, and calculates prorated offers based upon assessed liability and the merits of each file. The team is also responsible for securing appropriate releases for subrogation.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure the development of staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training staff
- Lead and oversee a team of 5 to 8 subrogation processors
- Communicates job expectations, provides coaching and counseling, and conducts regular developmental discussions with subrogation processors.
- Collaborates with other leaders to ensure all team, department, and company goals are met.
- Develop and implement monthly reporting on subrogation results by the program to be shared with senior leadership
- Handle the relationships/referrals with subrogation law firms, collection firms, and salvage companies.
- Provides coaching and guidance to subrogation processors regarding appropriate techniques for handling complex matters, including preparing effective contentions for arbitration filings; developing negotiation strategies to resolve limits
- Reviews and approves reserve and authority requests as appropriate.
- Completes regular file reviews to ensure all requirements have been met.
- Ensures proactive handling and successful resolution of files
- Makes difficult file decisions based upon the merits of each file, including; referral to liability insurer, escalation to Claims Director, etc.
- Conducts monthly file audits to ensure compliance with company guidelines and state laws are met in all phases of file resolution.
- Confirms that required audit process requirements have been met.
- Ensures that the Subrogation associates provide timely and professional responses to all incoming communications, including mail, email, telephone calls, and voicemail.
- Must work in multiple systems (DOMO, Looker, Origami, subrogation software) to assist direct reports with timely file resolution.
- Must work effectively amid constant interruptions and shifting priorities.
- Strongly prefer a minimum of 2+ years of experience in claims handling, including claims terminology, case study, and or underwriting.
- People management experience preferred
- Four (4) year college degree preferred.
- Must have good analytical skills necessary to evaluate staff production requirements and results, problem-solving, and internal reporting.
- Must have good written and verbal communication and math skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Be influential and passionate about leading and developing people
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, drive and embrace change
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail, and minimal need for supervision
- Must be a team player, with a positive mental attitude, high energy, high integrity, strong work ethic, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and a commitment to the mission
- Commitment to high responsiveness and availability
The Phoenix base salary target range for this full-time position is $58,000 - $66,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your work location during the hiring process.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.