Manager, Accounts Payable
As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing and hiring talent in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, France, and Australia. Our collaborative teams encourage you to be curious and bring new ideas that will drive our company’s mission. Turo prides itself on its culture that celebrates diversity and gives everyone space to learn and grow.
About the team:
Turo is looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to join our fast-growing team to manage and oversee the global Accounts Payable (AP) function. This role is an integral part of the accounting team, ensuring that our procure-to-pay (P2P) procedures are smoothly running. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the AP function including invoice coding, global payment processing as well as supporting initiatives to scale our P2P systems and processes.
We are looking for someone who has a deep knowledge of the P2P cycle and thrives in making continuous improvement recommendations that will uplevel the controls, accuracy, and efficiency of our systems and procedures as we scale globally. Turo is a fast-growing, pre-IPO company, so we need someone who is passionate and excited by change. If you love to create order out of chaos, we want to speak with you. This is truly a place where you can grow and have a ton of impact.
What you will do:
- Manage the month, quarter, and year-end close procedures for the AP team, including closing AP, reconciling the AP subledger to the GL, reviewing the AP aging, and performing pre-close activities to ensure invoice and purchase order (PO) processing and approval queues are optimized for month end reporting and accrual procedures.
- Perform day-to-day functions such as onboarding and approving new vendors, managing vendor relationships, managing escalated vendor issues, invoice coding review and approval, reviewing and approving global payments, and oversight of the non-vendor purchases such as travel and expense and virtual credit card administration.
- Lead critical projects and initiatives to scale the AP function, including implementing Coupa Pay globally, evaluating AI and automation opportunities, upgrading the P2P system configurations in Coupa, and re-evaluating the annual 1099 software.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, such as general ledger accounting, procurement, treasury, and our enterprise applications team, to streamline the P2P processes and improve the accuracy, efficiency, and controls in Coupa.
- Own SOX control procedures for the AP team and ensure compliance with accounting policies, including invoice coding, vendor management, and global cash disbursements. Additionally, document new policies or recommend improvements to close or remediate control gaps.
- Manage a team of two people and provide them with training, mentorship and guidance.
- Strive to increase the overall quality of the customer service experience for external vendors and internal contacts at Turo by enhancing the professionalism of the AP team’s outward communication.
- Develop reporting to measure success through KPIs and provide leadership with regular visibility through weekly, monthly, or quarterly reports; and proactively take ownership over workload such that issues can be escalated on a timely basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, and/or Business (Commerce)
- 7+ years of experience, with at least 3+ years managing a team
- Experience with Coupa or another large procure-to-pay system is a must.
- Continuous improvement champion and has consistently demonstrated the ability to identify processes challenges/gaps and recommend improvements.
- Possess passion, energy, and enthusiasm to drive results forward, action oriented.
- Record of solving complex challenges through critical thinking and cross-functional collaboration.
- Comfortable with establishing new processes from scratch.
- Meticulous attention to detail, deadline-driven, and strong grasp of overarching concepts.
- Effective communication skills adaptable to different audiences.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with NetSuite is preferred.
- Experience working for a public company in a SOX environment is desirable.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.