Director, Global Marketing Operations & Technology
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book the perfect car for wherever you’re going from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and France. Whether you're flying in from afar or looking for a car down the street, searching for a rugged truck or something smooth and swanky, Turo puts you in the driver's seat of an extraordinary selection of cars shared by local hosts.
About the team:
We’re looking for an experienced marketing leader to discover and unlock Turo's next wave of growth. You are a big picture thinker who can seamlessly navigate from high-level strategy to execution with a meticulous attention to detail. You have a proven track record of building world-class marketing tools, infrastructure, and processes that enable global marketing teams.
You understand the powerful leverage that comes from building a powerful marketing platform and how it can multiply the impact of our marketing teams worldwide. As a Director, you’ll play a critical global leadership role, including hiring and leading a team of marketing operations & technology experts, closely collaborating with marketing leaders in every country, and serving as the primary marketing liaison to Product, Engineering, and Data. The ideal candidate is an expert in all things marketing operations & technology, in addition to being a skilled relationship-builder and communicator. You’ll balance this all with a deep appreciation for the Turo customer experience and ground everything you do in serving our guests & hosts.
This role reports to Turo’s CMO.
What you will do:
- Define the vision for our global marketing systems, including lifecycle/CRM marketing technology, global technical SEO platform, advertising/acquisition technology, and marketing attribution & measurement.
- Work closely with country marketing leaders, product management, engineering, and data to execute.
- Build and lead our marketing development team, who are responsible for building and deploying our email and app marketing campaigns globally.
- Lead strategy calibration across country marketing leaders and ensure each country is leveraging shared best practices.
- Partner with Data to build a unified global approach to marketing ROI measurement and reporting.
- Work with our acquisition marketing, data, and engineering teams to build robust tracking, spend optimization, and automation tools across our key channels, such as SEM, social media, and third-party travel aggregators.
- Identify new opportunities to utilize the latest and greatest marketing tech to improve our global marketing operations.
- 12+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 10 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience.
- Experience in an operating role at a startup or growth stage company.
- Strong understanding of key marketing technologies and their ability to transform the business.
- Experience with CRM/engagement marketing platforms and ad tech for SEM, social media, and display advertising.
- Experience with SEO.
- Track record of implementing large scale marketing tools and processes.
- Naturally analytical mindset; very comfortable with spreadsheets and working with data.
- Excellent team player able to work with global cross-functional teams.
The San Francisco base salary target range for this full-time position is $188,000-$215,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in this location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your work location during the hiring process.
Please note that the salary range listed in this posting reflects the base salary only, and does not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.