Senior Manager, Internal Audit
As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing and hiring talent in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, France, and Australia. Our collaborative teams encourage you to be curious and bring new ideas that will drive our company’s mission. Turo prides itself on its culture that celebrates diversity and gives everyone space to learn and grow.
About the team:
We are seeking an Internal Audit Senior Manager who will help build and grow our Internal Audit function for Turo worldwide! This role will contribute to Turo’s mission of putting the world’s 1.5+ billion cars to better use by partnering with our accounting, finance and operations teams to support Turo’s SOX readiness efforts, conduct and oversee a variety of financial and operational internal audits and assist the Vice President of Internal Audit in developing the annual audit plan and enterprise risk assessment. This role will report directly to the Vice President of Internal Audit, and you will work directly with your reporting manager on building processes that allow our financial and operational audit risk and control framework to scale so we can support our growth in a pre-IPO environment.
As a member of the Internal Audit Team at Turo, you will work with smart, humble and down to earth people across the organization solving interesting problems that are disrupting an entire industry. You will be a member of the SOX compliance program, provide impactful input to internal control audits, conduct individual audits and reviews, identify changes in the financial and operational environment resulting in modifications to the audit plan, and lead special project engagements.
This is a pivotal role that requires someone with strong audit skills, a firm grasp of SOX compliance requirements and their appropriate assertions and reporting, enjoys collaborating with cross functional team members, is a great communicator, and loves to solve problems in a dynamic, high growth environment.
What You Will Do:
- Perform annual SOX planning, risk assessment, walkthroughs, coordination and testing to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of key internal controls over financial reporting.
- Prepare control deficiency aggregation analysis and reporting to senior management.
- Develop strong professional relationships with external auditors that will involve coordinating walkthroughs and timing of testing as well as providing the auditors with direct assistance in specific areas.
- Develop a flexible, risk-based annual audit plan by understanding risks and trends associated with financial and operational processes.
- Identify, evaluate, analyze, prioritize, and communicate risks and control improvements associated with Turo’s operations.
- Work regularly and communicate effectively with process owners and senior management to relay findings and recommendations, help drive remediation efforts to closure, advise on control requirements, to be included in the design of new systems, products, and processes, identify trends and insights, and continuously seek opportunities for improvement.
- Liaise with other teams at Turo that perform governance, risk, control, and monitoring activities.
- Stay up to date on accounting, finance and emerging audit trends and best practices.
- 10+ years combined Big 4 and/or industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university; advanced degree.
- Experience with ERP applications, cloud platform, homegrown systems and data analytics.
- Experience with risk quantification and metric reporting.
- Demonstrates Turo’s values through work product and within day to day team interactions.
Bonus If You Have:
- One or more relevant professional certifications preferred (e.g., CPA, CIA, CFE, etc.).
- Familiarity with AuditBoard is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, global, and complex company environment, to easily adapt between working independently or collaboratively on a team, to work comfortably in ambiguity on unstructured projects and in a multi-tasking environment.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to quickly evaluate issues, determine root causes, and creatively solve complex problems in a solutions-oriented environment.
- Commitment to quality, willingness to challenge current practice and innovate, and continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to work independently with latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
The San Francisco base salary target range for this full-time position is $156,000 - $195,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in this location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your work location during the hiring process.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.