Manager, Revenue Accounting
As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing and hiring talent in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, France, and Australia. Our collaborative teams encourage you to be curious and bring new ideas that will drive our company’s mission. Turo prides itself on its culture that celebrates diversity and gives everyone space to learn and grow.
About the team:
The Revenue Accounting Team is responsible for revenue recognition and reporting for Turo worldwide. The Manager will work closely with the Revenue Director providing support to the business with revenue data in addition to traditional revenue accounting tasks. This position will perform monthly and quarterly close activities for revenue including, reconciling & validating revenue, prepare required journal entries, analyze data, and prepare reports for auditors and management. In addition, the position will also assist with SOX assessments, system enhancement, and other projects within the order-to-cash cycle.
The Manager's duties & responsibilities are to perform accounting activities with limited supervision; assist with adjusting and closing journal entries; perform analysis and prepare related reports for management to provide additional insight and checks; verify reports and reconcile discrepancies; balance and reconcile revenue accounting data from outside sources; and handle audit inquiries related to accounting records.
This is a pivotal role within the revenue accounting team that requires someone with attention to detail, desire to improve process and work in a fast-changing environment to ensure our revenue reporting reflects current business state. It also interfaces with our CS and Payments engineering team and will be required to support these teams from an accounting perspective as they launch new initiatives.
What you will do:
- Develop a solid understanding of the business model to appropriately apply technical accounting guidance and GAAP interpretations.
- Lead a high performing revenue function and scale the group's knowledge and capabilities as Turo grows.
- Responsible for monthly close and reporting process, assisting team with preparation and review of revenue journal entries and account analysis.
- Document robust flux explanations that consider big picture business movements when validating account movements period over period.
- Present revenue related explanations in our monthly close meetings with the CAO and CFO, being able to provide additional business context and color as needed.
- Participate in recurring status update/ forecast and review meetings with internal business partners.
- Develop strong relationships with key business partners and “be in the trenches” with them as we implement new initiatives.
- Develop, maintain, and document SOX controls and develop new controls as the Company continues to expand and evolve.
- Manage and synthesize large amounts of data into useful information using Excel, Alteryx, Data Grip, and other analytical tools to illustrate findings, analyze trends and report results.
- Work closely with business leaders from FP&A, Marketplace Support, Claims, and Data Analytics/Engineering participate in initiatives for ongoing process and systems improvements to increase compliance, integrity, and scalability.
- Support the revenue team and process build out as we scale.
- Prepare ad hoc revenue analysis as requested and respond to auditor queries.
- Understand internal and external revenue reporting requirements and optimize financial systems to provide improved visibility.
- 6+ years combined Big 4 and/or Industry finance experience.
- 1+ years’ experience managing staff.
- Proficient in ASC 606 and SOX accounting standards
- Ability to quickly grasp company operations and business drivers.
Bonus if you have:
- CPA preferred.
- Ability to build relationships with new and existing executives across functions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to articulate verbally and in writing, willingness to appropriately debate difficult issues, ability to think quickly and present to an audience.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, fast growing company where adaptability is imperative.
- SQL knowledge is strongly preferred.
The SF base salary target range for this full-time position is $145k - 177k + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in this location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your work location during the hiring process.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.