Claims Associate (Bilingual French/English)
As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down-to-earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
About the team:
We are looking for customer obsessed Claims Associates to join our team in Toronto, Canada. If you are a passionate and driven individual with prioritization and agility skills, then please read on and apply!
What you'll do:
- Deliver an empathetic, best-in-class claims experience to Turo hosts and guests
- Investigate and resolve assigned auto physical damage claims
- Resolve Turo claims with speed and accuracy and high commitment to quality
- Coordinate claims processing with Turo's third party vendors
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement in Turo’s processes for claims handling, strive to make Turo's organization a leader in customer service and cost management
- Be an active contributor to Turo’s claims department and a revolutionary culture pioneer
- Strong proficiency in customer-facing communication, multitasking, and strong time management skills
- Bilingual in French and English preferred - written and verbal
- Eagerness for success and growth
- Stellar customer centricity
- Demonstrate change management, negotiation and decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize daily tasks as assigned
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail, and with minimal need for supervision
- Must be a team player, with positive attitude, high energy, high integrity, strong work ethic, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and a commitment to the mission
- Proficiency with technology: macOS and Google Docs
- Reside in the Toronto/Ontario area. We are currently in a Hybrid work environment.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience in balancing solutions with multiple interested parties is valuable, as our two-sided marketplace counts owners, renters, third parties, and the company all as meaningful stakeholders
- Minimum of 1+ years experience in auto claims handling experience, preferably with a major auto insurance carrier or car rental company in a file ownership environment
- Total loss handling experience
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred. State licensing desirable
We have hybrid schedules available from Monday to Friday between the hours of at 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.