We’re looking for an entrepreneurial and driven person to pioneer Turo’s market management strategy. This is a truly unique opportunity to join at the ground floor of our Aussie scale-up and build the future of Australian travel & transportation.
As a Market Manager, you will be responsible for supply growth & quality metrics across your assigned territories, managing both market level activities and a portfolio of professional hosts. You will take ownership over the growth of Turo’s presence in your designated territory by collaborating with other internal teams, such as marketing, operations & analytics, as the designated market leader. No two days will be the same, and your responsibilities will range from using market data to identify strategic opportunities, to helping multi-car hosts grow their business, to conducting outbound sales calls.
As a talented and independent individual, you will be helping us write our nascent market management playbook, developing alongside it. We want people who can grow with Turo.
- Own the health of your assigned market, developing a deep knowledge behind every core metric, becoming the go-to source for all information relating to hosts, supply, and trends
- Proactively analyse internal and external data to identify and execute on opportunities to grow your market
- Manage the key hosts within your market, providing ongoing coaching and support to ensure their success on Turo
- Provide hosts with resources and solutions to overcome challenges and drive business growth, using insights & commercial acumen. Actively seek out and introduce new solutions when current options are inadequate
- Educate our host community on how to succeed with Turo, by producing bespoke coaching calls, guides, video content, and webinars
- Develop and execute a community engagement strategy, organise member events, and make our community’s voice heard across the entire company
- Gather host experience feedback, conduct surveys, and share findings with the relevant teams at Turo - we want to ensure Turo remains competitive and valuable for our hosts
- This is an evolving role - we're a small team in a dynamic startup environment; you may be called upon to support the Business Development team in other capacities
- 5+ years of professional experience, with 2+ years in marketplace tech or management consulting
- A proven track record of being able to effectively work a leads pipeline and/or a book of business is a plus
- You’re a real people person with superb interpersonal skills. You’re not afraid to immerse yourself in our community and conduct face-to-face meetings with external parties
- Strong data-driven problem-solving abilities, with a talent for turning data into practical insights. SQL experience a big plus
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic startup environment; you’ll have guidance when you need it, but you’re also goal-oriented and can execute independently
- Prowess analysing processes and strategies; suggesting, exploring, and testing alternative approaches
- Capability to identify and lead on partnerships with external parties
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ease communicating effectively via phone, email, and in-person
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Passion for building stronger communities and a more sustainable economy. You want to work at a company that will impact our society, transportation, and the environment
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.