Senior Corporate Paralegal
As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing and hiring talent in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, France, and Australia. Our collaborative teams encourage you to be curious and bring new ideas that will drive our company’s mission. Turo prides itself on its culture that celebrates diversity and gives everyone space to learn and grow.
About the team
We are looking for a Senior Corporate Paralegal who enjoys managing complex projects, working with cross-functional teams, and wearing many different hats. This person will be a key legal teammate as we continue to grow and scale. You will partner with Turo’s legal team and other leaders within finance to help implement key systems and optimize processes.
What you will do
- Support corporate governance processes, including preparation for board of directors and committee materials, distribution of D&O questionnaires, and organization and maintenance of corporate records and calendars;
- Support securities law compliance and SEC reporting, working in collaboration with attorneys, accounting and finance, investor relations and other professionals;
- Manage Section 16 compliance and related filings; assist in administering trading window calendars and 10b5-1 trading plan compliance;
- Assist with entity formation, state registrations and filings and day-to-day maintenance of U.S. and international subsidiaries, including managing annual compliance with tax and treasury departments, outside counsel and service providers;
- Assist with implementing and maintaining compliance related policies and processes, including supporting policy trainings;
- Assist as needed with M&A and other strategic transactions, including organizing due diligence materials, managing checklists, and assisting with closing mechanics and post-closing integration processes; and
- Work with other members of the legal team to drive progress on cross-functional projects, while looking for opportunities to improve processes to help the company scale
- Bachelors' degree from an accredited college;
- Minimum of 7+ years' paralegal experience, including at a major law firm and in-house at a public company with Section 16 reporting experience;
- Working knowledge of securities reporting and compliance requirements;
- Familiarity with general corporate governance, including insider trading, related parties, code of conduct policies;
- Experience preparing board and committee materials; familiarity with annual meeting processes;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including collaborating with various internal and important external stakeholders such as a board member;
Bonus if you have
- Intermediate to advanced software skills with Microsoft Office and Google Drive, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment;
- Excellent analytical capabilities, organizational skills, and dedication to the details; and
- Fast learner and self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work and communicate globally and across cultures
The US Remote base salary target range for this full-time position is $144,000-$160,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in this location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your work location during the hiring process.
Please note that the salary range listed in this posting reflects the base salary only, and does not include bonus (if applicable), equity, or benefits.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.