Lead Product Manager
As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing and hiring talent in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, France, and Australia. Our collaborative teams encourage you to be curious and bring new ideas that will drive our company’s mission. Turo prides itself on its culture that celebrates diversity and gives everyone space to learn and grow.
About the team:
At Turo, product managers (PMs) lead the synthesis of customer feedback, data, and business goals into actionable product roadmaps that they develop and execute with their team. PMs collaborate with every function in the company, artfully aligning user needs with business goals to create and launch product initiatives. PMs guide the process of researching, prioritizing, building, and shipping world-class consumer products, which is central to Turo's mission of putting the world's 1.5+ billion cars to better use.
Some of our recent product innovations include pioneering fleet management tools for our hosts, improving trust & safety in our marketplace with digital identity verification, and reimagining the way guests search and discover cars on Turo. We’re seeking an exceptional Lead Product Manager to drive product development, create products that delight our customers, and make a positive impact on Turo’s business.
Why you'll love being a part of our team:
- We’re driven – we challenge the status quo and strive to make things better, easier, and more efficient.
- We’re bold – we’re open to new ideas, curious to explore different angles, and confident in our convictions.
- We’re grounded – we build trust through kindness and respect, we’re open to change and dialogue, and we create a collaborative, supportive space where people can connect and move forward together.
- We’re expressive – we celebrate individual expression and individual stories, coming together to work toward our collective success with a unified narrative, experience, and vision.
- We are a high-growth company with strong financial performance and plentiful opportunities for career growth
What you’ll do:
- You’ll work with customers and our research, analytics, operations, & marketing teams to deeply understand, analyze, and synthesize customer needs into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications.
- You’ll partner closely with our design, engineering, data, and marketing teams to execute on your roadmap and build outstanding digital products on iOS, Android, and Web.
- You’ll own product decisions directly impacting the growth of Turo and our customers.
- You'll become a trusted advocate and resource for product initiatives.
- You’ll analyze and report on key product initiatives to leadership, product teams and other key stakeholders.
- Experience working with product development teams prioritizing, building, and shipping high-quality product experiences
- Outstanding judgment and self-direction, with ability to drive major initiatives and create impact autonomously
- Experience commensurate with a Lead role (6+ years PM experience preferred)
- Humble, low-ego teammates focused on shipping what's best for our customers.
- Experience with agile development processes
The San Francisco base salary target range for this full-time position is $187,000 - $210,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in this location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your work location during the hiring process.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.