Capacity Planning Manager
As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing and hiring talent in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, France, and Australia. Our collaborative teams encourage you to be curious and bring new ideas that will drive our company’s mission. Turo prides itself on its culture that celebrates diversity and gives everyone space to learn and grow.
About the team
We're a supportive, down-to-earth, fun team of operators who work closely with designers, researchers, data analysts, product managers, engineers, and other cross-functional peers to create enjoyable user experiences. We're fully committed to the belief that every customer touchpoint is an opportunity to strengthen a relationship, and to build the Turo brand, no matter the channel or issue at hand.
We’re looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to be our first dedicated Capacity Planning Manager for our contact center operations supporting various channels 7x24. You are excited by providing an amazing customer experience and about using data to drive workforce management initiatives and activities with partners..
The CX Ops Workforce & Capacity Planning Manager will be responsible for taking our effort to the next level including implementing the tools and processes necessary to do so. This role will work closely with Analytics and Finance teams and will own all phases of demand forecasting, budget, and labor scheduling. The CX Ops Workforce & Capacity Planning Manager will partner with the Product team and other members of the Customer Experience (CX) team to optimize and improve the experience of our community and advocates. The ideal candidate will be analytically driven, innovative, collaborative, and passionate about workforce management, customer support operations, and optimization. This is an exciting opportunity to develop and to test different forecasting methodologies to improve forecast accuracy and build analytical tools to ensure balanced SLA across all channels and intervals.
You'll report to the Director, Vendor Management and will work closely with Analytics and Finance teams owning all phases of capacity forecasting and budgeting. If necessary, you will roll up your sleeves and assist the front line while simultaneously thinking of how to improve the process.
What you will do
- Evolve and maintain forecasting models, tools, and processes across all customer support channels and lines of business
- Own long, mid, and short term planning cycles for a global 24x7 network of agents (live chat, phone, email, social media) and meet regularly with stakeholders to align on method and desired outcomes
- Monitor and assess service level performance against expectations and adjust if necessary, sometimes in real time
- Build forecast models and scenarios to support product initiatives. Provide analysis to assess and mitigate risk associated with the scenarios.
- Lead long-term forecasting, in close partnership with Finance and Analytics, for budgeting that incorporates planned efficiency and/or contact reduction initiatives
- Partner with the operations team and contact centers to ensure planned to required FTE delivery is met
- Own and execute against initiatives to support our WFM strategy, including tools and reporting
- 6+ years experience in workforce planning for contact center operations understanding interrelationships of volumes, handle times, service level requirements, staffing and scheduling across multiple channels (phone, chat, backoffice) in a 7x24 environment
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to be strategic but also execute tactics
- A strong technical, quantitative, and analytical aptitude, with the ability to learn and navigate across multiple systems
- Driven to meet and exceed goals and expectations
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to effectively and accurately convey complex concepts in a simplified manner
- Ability to synthesize disparate information quickly to develop a succinct, accurate summary of the opportunity/need. Comfortable with recommending the long-term strategy and then executing it, digging deep into the details
- Track record of achieving key performance indicator goals
- Strong stakeholder management skills; ability to strategically align and get buy ins from business partners and hold them accountable
- Understanding of WFM and CRM technologies
- Ability to operate in Google suite products (Docs, Sheets, Gmail) and
- Moderate to advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
- Willingness to occasionally work weekends, if required
- Experience with WFM software configuration and administration.
- Experience working in or with trust and safety, claims, or sales teams
- Involvement in a start-up organization, especially tech
- Experience leading process re-engineering and operational excellence projects
- Exposure working in a cross functional, multi geography setup
The Phoenix base salary target range for this full-time position is $93,000-$104,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in this location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your work location during the hiring process.
Please note that the salary range listed in this posting reflects the base salary only, and does not include bonus (if applicable), equity, or benefits.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.