Senior Manager, Accounting
As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down to earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
About the team:
Turo is looking for an Accounting Manager to join our fast-growing team to manage our financial reporting processes and help us develop efficient accounting flows. This role is an integral part of the Finance Organization, ensuring we can provide timely and accurate financial statements to our management team, Board of Directors, and investors. You will be responsible for managing all areas relating to month-end close, year-end audit preparation, and financial reporting.
We are looking for someone who works well under tight financial reporting deadlines thanks to their excellent time management skills, process efficiencies, and ability to develop strong relationships across the company. Turo is a fast-growing pre-IPO company, so we need someone who is excited by change and thrives while wearing multiple hats. If you love to create order out of chaos, we want to speak with you. This is truly a place where you can grow and have a ton of impact.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the month, quarter, and year-end close procedures for the general ledger team, including review of journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis of results.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for more complex areas of accounting.
- Lead, mentor and provide support to a team of two senior accountants, one staff accountant, and oversee the global accounts payable team.
- Partner closely with external auditors and be the key point of contact for general ledger PBC requests, including pulling complex support, answering questions, assessing deficiencies, and leading process walk-throughs.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable team and ensure that the procure-to-pay process controls are being met, invoice coding is accurate, and working with the procurement manager and accounts payable supervisor to remediate any process gaps.
- Create operational and process efficiencies, including documentation of policies and procedures, to help the accounting team scale their operations and close the books more efficiently, while ensuring financial reporting accuracy and controls are maintained.
- Lead critical accounting software implementations to automate month end financial reporting close processes to close the books faster and more efficiently while also improving the quality, accuracy, and controls which integrate between our systems and accounting processes.
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement within the close process and implement process improvements. Be a key leader on the accounting team who partners cross-functionally to achieve objectives.
- Research technical accounting issues and perform analysis as needed working in tandem with the Director of Accounting and/or the Director of SEC Reporting Manager to implement new technical accounting standards.
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned by the Director, Accounting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Business (Commerce)
- CPA strongly preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience, with at least 3 years of Big 4 public accounting firm experience
- Experience with NetSuite or another large-scale accounting system
- Mix of start-up and public company experience preferred; IPO experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and internal controls
- Experience managing a team
- Strong Microsoft excel skills
- Must have strong written and oral communications skills
- Excellent organization skills and can handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, high growth environment. Comfortable navigating uncertainty; embraces change; and approaches work with a continuous improvement mindset
- Extremely detail oriented but possesses an understanding of the "big picture.” We are looking for someone who is a critical thinker and who likes to solve problems
- Disciplined self-starter and team player with the ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization
- Possesses passion, energy, and enthusiasm to drive results, action oriented
- Strong systems knowledge, including the ability to quickly learn new systems and can identify ways to automate processes
- Commitment to values of integrity, accountability, and transparency
- Must have the ability to approach problem solving proactively and creatively in order to execute multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines
The San Francisco base salary target range for this full-time position is $164,000 - $204,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your work location during the hiring process.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
Something looks off?