Accounting & Finance
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Location: 3-4 days/week in LA Office
Thrive Causemetics is Bigger Than Beauty™: We are an independent, female-owned beauty brand that creates high-performance vegan cosmetics and supports a community of giving. All Thrive Causemetics' products are free of parabens and sulfates and are 100 percent cruelty-free. Through its Bigger Than Beauty™ program, every product you purchase generates a donation to help a woman thrive.
Thrive Causemetics is dedicated to fostering a collaborative and cross-functional workplace where everyone’s voice matters. We are committed to being pioneers in creating a culture of wellness. Together, we prioritize a strong work ethic while maintaining a positive, exciting environment where people are passionate about what they do.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Controller who possesses solid communication, technology, analytical, and management skills. Candidates should have knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). This role requires at least ten years of relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Candidates who have a professional accreditation such as certified public accountant (CPA), certified management accountant (CMA), or chartered global management accountant (CGMA) are preferred. Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions in Netsuite
- Establishing and maintaining an effective system of internal controls over financial processes and reporting
- Managing the timely accumulation and consolidation of all financial data and accounting necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Hiring, training, and retaining skilled accounting staff
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, including tax planning and compliance
- Supervising the research of technical accounting issues
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- 10+ years of Accounting/Finance experience in a corporate setting and/or public accounting firm
- Advanced computer software skills, including Netsuite experience
- Previous experience in a CPG or direct-to-consumer start-up environment with rapid growth is a plus
- Exceptional people skills with an approachable, amiable disposition, fostering an open door, confidential experience for all employees
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Resourceful with exceptional problem-solving skills
- Strong business partner and presentation skills
- Analytical with proven ability to craft a strategy with data
- Excellent organizational skills including accuracy, timeliness and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially listening skills
- Experience in a role where multiple projects and competing demands are the norm
Thrive Causemetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The base pay range for this role is $150,000 - $185,000, with the following factors determining the base pay at offer: skills, qualifications, experience. This range provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. Additionally, this role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance. Thrive Causemetics provides a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, a 401(k) plan with employer matching, various paid time off programs, employee discount/perks, life insurance, disability insurance, and employee assistance programs.