Product Development Manager (Skin Care)
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Location: In Office/ Los Angeles 4 days a week.
Who We Are:
Thrive Causemetics is Bigger Than Beauty™: We are an independent, female-owned beauty brand that creates high-performance vegan cosmetics and supports a community of giving. All Thrive Causemetics' products are free of parabens and sulfates, in addition to being 100 percent cruelty-free. Through its Bigger Than Beauty™ program, every product you purchase results in a donation to help a woman thrive.
Thrive Causemetics is dedicated to fostering a collaborative and cross-functional workplace where everyone’s voice matters. We are committed to being pioneers in creating a culture of wellness. Together, we prioritize a strong work ethic while maintaining a positive, exciting environment where people are passionate about what they do.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for an innovative and creative candidate that is passionate about skincare! This person will manage and drive the day-to-day development process for formula and packaging from concept to launch for The Bigger Than Beauty skincare brand. The ideal candidate will drive all phases of clinical skincare innovation, formula development with clinical results, and packaging. A proven track record of taking and driving results is key to the success of this role, as well as being curious with an innovative mind. This role reports to and works closely with the Head of Supply Chain.
What will you be doing:
- Responsible for the day-to-day communication with packaging vendors, contract manufacturers (CMs), ingredients suppliers, regulatory, marketing, customer experience, operations, project managers and upper management
- Lead and contribute to the skincare product roadmap and strategy
- Point person on skincare product briefs, formula evaluation, marketing, artwork, regulatory deliverables, and packaging
- Create stories, in partnership with Marketing, around active ingredients to drive cohesive skin care regimens
- Manage and lead claim approvals with regulatory, formula testing including clinicals, stability and compatibility
- Survey competitive landscape to develop best-in-class skincare products by identifying trends, efficacious ingredients, and current and emerging competition
- Review batch and pre-shipment production samples
- Manage cost of goods (COGs) and margins
- Develop innovative and sustainable packaging
What will make you stand out:
- College degree with 5+ years relevant work experience in clinical skincare formula and packaging development
- Passion for skincare and beauty industry
- Deep knowledge of efficacious formula development with clinical results
- Manage multiple projects at different stages through strong prioritization and planning
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing collaborative environment
- Able to take direction and feedback
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledge of packaging: die lines, finishes, artwork and sustainability
Thrive Causemetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The base pay range for this role is $110,000 - $150,000, with the following factors determining the base pay at offer: skills, qualifications, experience. This range provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. Additionally, this role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance. Thrive Causemetics provides a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, a 401(k) plan with employer matching, various paid time off programs, employee discount/perks, life insurance, disability insurance, and employee assistance programs.