Marketing Manager, Complexion + Skincare
Marketing & Communications
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
Location: In Office 5 days/week in LA office
Who We Are
Thrive Causemetics is Bigger Than Beauty™: We are an independent, female-owned beauty brand that creates high-performance vegan cosmetics and supports a community of giving. All of Thrive Causemetics' products are free of parabens and sulfates, in addition to being 100 percent cruelty-free. Through its Bigger Than Beauty™ program, every product you purchase results in a donation to help a woman thrive.
Thrive Causemetics is dedicated to fostering a collaborative and cross-functional workplace where everyone’s voice matters. We are committed to being pioneers in creating a culture of wellness. Together, we prioritize a strong work ethic while maintaining a positive, exciting environment where people are passionate about what they do.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative and detail-oriented Marketing Manager that will help drive Complexion + Skincare categories. The Brand Manager must be a strong contributor within the organization - a passionate advocate of the consumer and a champion of our brand. The ideal candidate is a forward-thinking, innovative, brand and product marketer, who is agile, and self-starting. The role requires a blend of strategy, analysis and creativity. Diligent project management, and ability to self-prioritize is critical to achieve deadlines, while maintaining an exceptional attention to detail. Superior communication skills and confidence in managing up to leadership is essential.
The ideal candidate has a passion for beauty with an eye for emerging trends and a strong knowledge of beauty/skincare brands and products.
What you will be doing:
- Initiate insight-driven ideation and concepts for new product launches, and core franchise initiatives
- Drive the go-market strategy through clear briefings to cross-functional teams, providing clear strategic direction through completion of 360 campaigns and activation plan development
- Execute all written communication relating to product strategy, including campaign story, key claims / benefits and consumer facing storytelling and engagement driving language
- Research competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising
- Assist in in-depth research for products and campaigns, including marketing analysis reports for products, ingredients, and trends
- Develop a deep understanding of the Thrive Causemetics marketing ecosystem to provide ideas and recommendations in brainstorm meetings
- Build partnerships with internal teams to establish a collaborative process and work environment
- Tracks project timelines (communicate changes, update timelines) and ensure that deadlines are met for new product development
- Manage and organize cross-functional requests between product marketing and associated departments
- Conduct post campaign analysis to track and analyze launches, and overall performance, ensuring key insights and learnings are identified for campaign and marketing strategy
What will make you stand out:
- BA/BS with an emphasis in marketing - cosmetics, fashion, or lifestyle marketing a plus. 4+ years of experience within brand marketing in beauty (skincare experience required)
- Well organized, self-motivated with the ability to work independently and cooperatively
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and execute a successful delivery
- Proven record of meeting deadlines
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills and a passion for product and brand storytelling
- Strong interest and gut understanding of lifestyle brand building, messaging, and positioning
- An eye for emerging beauty trends / strong knowledge in beauty and skincare products Beauty, CPG, or wellness experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Adaptable to changing project requirements and business needs
- Capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in G Suite + Microsoft Office
Thrive Causemetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The base pay range for this role is $110,000- $130,000 annually with the following factors determining the base pay at offer: skills, qualifications, experience. This range provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. Additionally, this role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance. Thrive Causemetics provides a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, a 401(k) plan with employer matching, various paid time off programs, employee discount/perks, life insurance, disability insurance, and employee assistance programs.