Manager, Social + Digital Engagement
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2023
Location: In Office 5 days/week in LA office
Who we are:
Thrive Causemetics is Bigger Than Beauty™: We are an independent, female-owned beauty brand that creates high-performance vegan cosmetics and supports a community of giving. All of Thrive Causemetics' products are free of parabens and sulfates, in addition to being 100 percent cruelty-free. Through its Bigger Than Beauty™ program, every product purchased results in a donation to help communities thrive.
Thrive Causemetics is dedicated to fostering a collaborative and cross-functional workplace where everyone’s voice matters. We are committed to being pioneers in creating a culture of wellness. Together, we prioritize a strong work ethic while maintaining a positive, exciting environment where people are passionate about what they do.
Who We Are Looking For:
A digital marketing leader who will drive owned social media content and community management strategies. This person will oversee the planning, execution and measurement of brand owned social and advocacy channels, help build content plans for all owned channels, and identify new social opportunities and execution. Collaboration is key in this role, which sits within the Marketing department and will work closely with the growth, creative, product marketing, customer service and influencer teams to fuel the digital conversation with our community. This person will be an integral part of the team and will bring innovative thinking to all marketing campaigns and will play a pivotal role in the overall growth and awareness of the brand. Additionally, this role will build social support plans for all influencer and PR events, in addition to social strategies for Bigger Than Beauty™. There will be at least 1 direct report under this role.
What you will be doing:
- Passionate about the Thrive Causemetics brand and mission
- Insatiable curiosity, appreciation, respect and knowledge of the beauty and lifestyle social community
- Have at least 7 years social, brand-building, content and digital experience (within beauty is a plus) and understanding of makeup and skincare categories
- Passionately versed in social marketing channels + strategies
- Strong content development experience with ability to discern and plan content needs by channel
- Comfortable flexing between high-level planning and detailed execution
- Must be a leader and know how to manage a team efficiently and effectively
- Extremely detail-oriented, with a strong creative side
- Strong planning skillset with operational knowledge of planning tools such as Sprinklr or Asana
- Strategic thinker with a keen understanding of analytics and social reporting
- Experience across all social media platforms including emerging channels and international platforms including but not limited to: TikTok, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
- BA/BS required or equivalent experience
What will make you stand out:
- Create and execute a holistic social media content plan and manage the day-to-day flow of content across all touch points and platforms with direct reports
- Run efficient, thoughtful community management communications with the customer in partnership with customer service team
- Manage the development of the content calendar across all social platforms to support “always on” evergreen content, campaigns needs, giving programs and partnership needs
- Work in partnership with the influencer team to develop a stream of UGC for organic content
- Partner with the creative team, product marketing and content team to ideate on relevant content that ladders up to the overarching social brand marketing strategy
- Assist in content creation in partnership with creative + design team
- Help oversee social and community management tactics for key product launches, events, activations and help create proactive ad hoc comms as needed
- Regularly analyze the competition and other best-in-class brands to inspire new ideas and executions – especially in new platform innovations
- Develop analytics reports for social media results and provide insights, recommendations and track against KPIs
Thrive Causemetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The base pay range for this role is $80,000- $120,000 annually with the following factors determining the base pay at offer: skills, qualifications, experience. This range provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. Additionally, this role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance. Thrive Causemetics provides a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, a 401(k) plan with employer matching, various paid time off programs, employee discount/perks, life insurance, disability insurance, and employee assistance programs.