Operations Lead - Part Time - Weekend
thredUP is transforming resale with technology and a mission to inspire a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first. By making it easy to buy and sell secondhand, thredUP has become one of the world's largest online resale platforms for apparel, shoes and accessories. Sellers love thredUP because we make it easy to clean out their closets and unlock value for themselves or for the charity of their choice while doing good for the planet. Buyers love shopping value, premium and luxury brands all in one place, at up to 90% off estimated retail price. Our proprietary operating platform is the foundation for our managed marketplace and consists of distributed processing infrastructure, proprietary software and systems and data science expertise. With thredUP's Resale-as-a-Service, some of the world's leading brands and retailers are leveraging our platform to deliver customizable, scalable resale experiences to their customers. thredUP has processed over 172 million unique secondhand items from 55,000 brands across 100 categories. By extending the life cycle of clothing, thredUP is changing the way consumers shop and ushering in a more sustainable future for the fashion industry.
How You Will Make An Impact
As an Operations Lead, you will focus on ensuring that individual and collective production goals are being met in your area. You will help train and mentor others on processes, procedures and quality standards. You will be expected to give timely feedback to others and escalate concerns to DC Leadership when needed. You will thrive in this position if you are highly curious, passionate about keeping thredUP operations running smoothly, and want to take on more responsibility at work.
Shift: Part-time Saturday and Sunday from 5:30am to 4:30pm
In This Role You’ll Get To:
- Help facilitate smooth shift transitions by communicating updates on your team’s production
- Verify Standard Operating Procedures are being followed
- Run reports throughout the shift (we will teach you how to do this!)
- Participate in special projects as needed
What We’re Looking For:
- Solid understanding of thredUP quality standards and operations processes
- Enthusiastic about building leadership skills
- Ability to keep business and customer information confidential
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and operate with minimal supervision
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What We Offer:
- Consistent, set schedule!
- Competitive pay (we leverage market data).
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- PTO + 9 paid holidays.
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance offered.
- We live by our DOTS Values of Delivering an exceptional customer experience, Openly giving and receiving feedback, Teaming up to make thredUP a success, and Striving for excellence.
- TIME Magazine’s Most Influential Companies of 2023, WWD’s Most Influential ESG Leaders, TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions 2022, Shoptalk’s ATLIS Awards, Business Insider’s Retail Tech Power Players, Inc.’s Power Partner Awards, Lattice’s People Success Awards, Digiday's WorkLife 50 award
- Voted “50 Most Innovative Companies of 2020”.
- RaaS - Finalist in Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards 2021.
We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our team
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we are proud to have fostered a workplace that is one-of-a-kind. As a company focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Be you.
If you are a candidate with a disability and have a reasonable accommodation request for the job application process, please email the specific details of your disability related accommodation request. This email address is reserved for candidates with disabilities only. General application inquiries will not receive a response.
Before you go, our legal team wants you to know...You must be at least 18 years old and have basic English literacy skills. Employment with thredUP is contingent on each candidate passing a 7-year background check.