WKND Ops Trainer
thredUP is transforming resale with technology and a mission to inspire a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first. By making it easy to buy and sell secondhand, thredUP has become one of the world's largest online resale platforms for apparel, shoes and accessories. Sellers love thredUP because we make it easy to clean out their closets and unlock value for themselves or for the charity of their choice while doing good for the planet. Buyers love shopping value, premium and luxury brands all in one place, at up to 90% off estimated retail price. Our proprietary operating platform is the foundation for our managed marketplace and consists of distributed processing infrastructure, proprietary software and systems and data science expertise. With thredUP's Resale-as-a-Service, some of the world's leading brands and retailers are leveraging our platform to deliver customizable, scalable resale experiences to their customers. thredUP has processed over 172 million unique secondhand items from 55,000 brands across 100 categories. By extending the life cycle of clothing, thredUP is changing the way consumers shop and ushering in a more sustainable future for the fashion industry.
How You Will Make An Impact
The Ops Trainer understands all training materials, conducts training in multiple areas as needed, coaches new team members, initiates cross-training with guidance from leadership, and trains team members on new processes while reinforcing safe work practices. The Ops Trainer also plays an active role in partnering with the Training Manager to assess training needs and suggest new learning solutions. You will thrive in this position if you are open to giving and receiving constructive feedback and committed to training team members and setting them up for success in their role.
Schedule: Weekend: Friday-Sunday 6am-6pm
In This Role You’ll Get To:
- Welcome new team members, establish rapport, and introduce ThredUP’s culture, work environment and team.
- Drive engagement and retention of team members through delivering effective and innovative training processes.
- Administer on-station, classroom, quality, and safety training to new and existing team members.
- Facilitate all training content and initiatives provided by the Operations Training Team and partner to recommend effective, engaging learning solutions.
- Act as a go-to expert, consistently follow-up with trainee(s), answering questions and building rapport.
- Assess and monitor the performance results on all trainees, providing coaching and ongoing feedback to improve performance.
- Work with the Training Manager to determine daily/weekly training schedules.
What We’re Looking For:
- Solid understanding of thredUP quality standards and operations processes (internal only).
- Strong communicator and facilitator with strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates effective organizational skills.
- Enthusiastic about the development and training of all team members.
- Experience giving and receiving constructive feedback and proactively following-up with team members, peers, and leaders.
- Role models good, independent judgment and operates with minimal supervision.
- Ability to create and maintain professional connections with team members.
- Keep business and customer information confidential.
- Able to stand or walk for an entire shift (8-12 hours per day) as well as bend down, reach overhead, lift/carry up to 30lbs and push/pull wheeled clothing racks weighing up to 150lbs.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What We Offer:
- Consistent, set schedule!
- Competitive pay (we leverage market data).
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- PTO + 9 paid holidays.
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance offered.
- We live by our DOTS Values of Delivering an exceptional customer experience, Openly giving and receiving feedback, Teaming up to make thredUP a success, and Striving for excellence.
- TIME Magazine’s Most Influential Companies of 2023, WWD’s Most Influential ESG Leaders, TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions 2022, Shoptalk’s ATLIS Awards, Business Insider’s Retail Tech Power Players, Inc.’s Power Partner Awards, Lattice’s People Success Awards, Digiday's WorkLife 50 award
- Voted “50 Most Innovative Companies of 2020”.
- RaaS - Finalist in Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards 2021.
We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our team
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we are proud to have fostered a workplace that is one-of-a-kind. As a company focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Be you.
If you are a candidate with a disability and have a reasonable accommodation request for the job application process, please email the specific details of your disability related accommodation request. This email address is reserved for candidates with disabilities only. General application inquiries will not receive a response.
Before you go, our legal team wants you to know...You must be at least 18 years old and have basic English literacy skills. Employment with thredUP is contingent on each candidate passing a 7-year background check.