In 2009, thredUP set out to make used clothes the new normal and create a more sustainable future for fashion. The company designed a modern resale experience that took the work and risk out of thrift, and converted a generation of secondhand skeptics to fans. Sellers send clothes directly to thredUP by the bagful, and buyers shop quality-checked items from over 35,000 brands at steep discounts. To power this marketplace, thredUP built an infrastructure that has recirculated 100 million unique garments via proprietary technology, data and logistics. thredUP most recently expanded its platform with Resale-as-a-Service (RaaS) to power resale for the world’s leading fashion brands. As a circular fashion pioneer, thredUP is reducing fashion’s impact on the planet and unlocking economic value for consumers and brands alike.
Ok, you have my attention. What’s in it for me?
- Make every Friday FriYAY! Get paid every single Friday.
- Starting pay: $17 per hour
- We have a set full-time schedule.
- Hours: Monday-Friday 5am-1:30pm
- Day 1: We've got you covered. thredUP offers Medical, Dental, Vision and Pet Insurance plans, accrual of paid vacation time, plus some really fun stuff (8 PAID holidays + your birthday off PAID, employee assistance programs and more!).
- Love a good sale? That’s right, we have an employee discount on our already discounted prices.
How do I know I’m right for the team at thredUP?
- 2-3 years experience in maintenance and custodial
- Must be 18 years or older to apply
- Traits we are passionately seeking: high energy, positive attitude, team player and the ability to multi-task.
- Must have professionalism, the ability to communicate with various levels of management, high attention to detail, punctuality and reliability.
- Experience in Maintenance/Custodial function
- Experience working in fast-paced environments
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter
What should I expect on the job?
- No forklifts, no hard hats, no steel-toed boots. This isn’t your typical warehouse job.
- Silence is deadly (and boring). Plan on hearing music while you work. Trust us, it keeps things much more fun and lively.
- Dressing to the nines…isn’t necessary here. Wear what you need to be comfortable and productive in. Think jeans, t-shirts, and supportive closed-toe shoes.
- Enjoy our recognition program that allows you to give and receive positive feedback to earn some seriously cool thredUP swag! Hello new backpack and water bottle!
- Grow with us! thredUP values the development and growth of each employee professionally and personally. In fact, most of the leaders you will interact with every day have been promoted from within and would love to help you get there too!
Alright, I’m in! What do I have to do?
- Responsible for maintaining the appearance of the interior and exterior of the Distribution Center.
- Responsibilities include keeping the building and grounds neat, clean, free from clutter and safe from hazards.
- Clean and sanitize break rooms to include fridges and microwaves
- Clean and sanitize restrooms
- Clean windows, distribution center floor, dock areas and maintain cleanliness of parking lot.
- Responsible for trash collection inside and outside of the building
- Manage inventory of cleaning supplies and other necessities
- Perform minor maintenance duties
- Maintain and execute preventative maintenance schedule to include: dusting and sanitizing workstations, cleaning refrigerators, deep cleaning of work areas, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What We Offer:
- Consistent, set schedule!
- Competitive pay (we leverage market data).
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- PTO + 9 paid holidays.
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance offered.
- We live by our DOTS Values of Delivering an exceptional customer experience, Openly giving and receiving feedback, Teaming up to make thredUP a success, and Striving for excellence.
- TIME Magazine’s Most Influential Companies of 2023, WWD’s Most Influential ESG Leaders, TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions 2022, Shoptalk’s ATLIS Awards, Business Insider’s Retail Tech Power Players, Inc.’s Power Partner Awards, Lattice’s People Success Awards, Digiday's WorkLife 50 award
- Voted “50 Most Innovative Companies of 2020”.
- RaaS - Finalist in Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards 2021.
We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our team
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we are proud to have fostered a workplace that is one-of-a-kind. As a company focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Be you.
If you are a candidate with a disability and have a reasonable accommodation request for the job application process, please email the specific details of your disability related accommodation request. This email address is reserved for candidates with disabilities only. General application inquiries will not receive a response.
Before you go, our legal team wants you to know...You must be at least 18 years old and have basic English literacy skills. Employment with thredUP is contingent on each candidate passing a 7-year background check.