Product Operations Area Manager
thredUP is transforming resale with technology and a mission to inspire a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first. By making it easy to buy and sell secondhand, thredUP has become one of the world’s largest resale platforms for women’s and kids’ apparel, shoes and accessories. Sellers love thredUP because we make it easy to clean out their closets and unlock value for themselves or for the charity of their choice while doing good for the planet. Buyers love shopping value, premium and luxury brands all in one place, at up to 90% off estimated retail price. Our proprietary operating platform is the foundation for our managed marketplace and consists of distributed processing infrastructure, proprietary software and systems and data science expertise. In 2018, we extended our platform with thredUP’s Resale-As-A-Service (RaaSⓇ), which facilitates modern resale for a number of the world’s leading brands and retailers. thredUP has processed over 125 million unique secondhand items from 35,000 brands across 100 categories. By extending the life cycle of clothing, thredUP is changing the way consumers shop and ushering in a more sustainable future for the fashion industry
How You Will Make An Impact
The Product Operations Area Manager at thredUP plays a crucial role in bridging the gap between warehouse operations and the onsite ecommerce shopping experience. They are knowledgeable and passionate about product, brands and fashion. Their energized love of product within our warehouses inspires the next generation to think secondhand first.
As a DC07 (Lancaster) Product Operations Area Manager, you’ll be in charge of defining and driving the vision, strategy and processes that affect the lifecycle of product within our warehouse. Your time will be roughly split into three areas. Your primary focus is leading and developing your team. You will be expected to work on the floor beside them when necessary and handle disciplinary and employee issues in a professional manner. Second, you will execute the day to day business of your areas. Third, you will gather input on what your team is seeing in their day to day and relay that to appropriate touch points within the Ops organization. You will also apply your love of fashion and/or the resale industry to help us honor our promises to suppliers and buyers.
In This Role You’ll Get To:
- Show your passion for owning your team’s performance, developing their skill sets, and ultimately set them up for success
- Help build the team UP by giving and receiving timely, constructive, and respectful feedback with team members, peers, and leadership.
- Takin’ care of business to meet the day-to-day needs of the team including vacation requests, scheduling, timecards, attendance, and more.
- Flex your cross-functional skills by actively participating in the recruiting, onboarding, development, and retention of associates.
- Pave the way for the team’s success by demonstrating and awarding ambassadors of the thredUP values and culture in all interactions.
- Taking care of the team by creating a safe work environment and showing others how to operate safely.
- You are tech-savvy and are comfortable utilizing reporting tools to analyze KPIs and using that info to improve overall business and distribution center performance.
- You are an excellent communicator and are well-versed in engaging, recognizing the team, establishing personal connections and demonstrating care.
- Partnership is key! Collaborate with your team, peers, and leadership to improve processes, increase efficiency, and target areas of opportunity.
- Keep things interesting by participating in special projects as needed.
- Create operational processes and practices that drive efficiencies for your area, organization, and leadership team
- Manage customer expectations and demand by executing quality assurance standards and improvements
- Co-design, implement, and scale best practices, tools and templates to standardize the processes needed to enable scale
What We’re Looking For:
- 3-5+ years experience building and managing teams, with an emphasis on employee development
- 2+ years experience in luxury ecommerce, resale, product, and/or operations management
- Expansive knowledge of resale, authentication, garment construction, and apparel quality standards as it relates to all categories in fashion merchandising and luxury goods is a huge plus!
- Experience utilizing reports and KPIs to coach and develop team members.
- Eager to learn and grow professionally, and just as excited to teach and help develop others across the company
- Excited to work in a fast-pace environment, managing multiple responsibilities and projects sometimes with competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to take initiative, ownership, and accountability for the business, even in the face of ambiguity
- Comfortable making complex decisions to balance the needs of the team and the business.
- Passion for creating an environment of trust, inclusion, and respect.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary (we leverage market data) + stock included in the offer package.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Flexible PTO (take the time you need) + 9 paid holidays.
- Paid Sabbatical after 3 years of full-time employment.
- Generous paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers.
- Innovative tools: Google Workspace & your choice of a Mac or Windows based laptop.
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance offered.
- We live by our DOTS Values of Delivering an exceptional customer experience, Openly giving and receiving feedback, Teaming up to make thredUP a success, and Striving for excellence.
- Voted “50 Most Innovative Companies of 2020”.
- RaaS - Finalist in Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards 2021.
We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our team
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we are proud to have fostered a workplace that is one-of-a-kind. As a company focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Be you.
If you are a candidate with a disability and have a reasonable accommodation request for the job application process, please email the specific details of your disability related accommodation request. This email address is reserved for candidates with disabilities only. General application inquiries will not receive a response.