Strategic Media Planner
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
🌎 About Us
At TeamSnap, we believe when the world connects through sports; the world becomes better. TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to taking the work out of play in youth sports. We also believe our jobs should excite us, our teammates should support us and our bosses should inspire us. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos, landing us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work" and Built In’s “100 Best Remote-First Places to Work."
TeamSnap is looking for an experienced Strategic Media Planner to be at the heart of our advertising initiatives, bridging the gap between insights and execution. The Strategic Sales Planner will serve as an essential partner between our sales and operations team, packaging both digital media offerings and onsite sponsorships. With a deep understanding of the publisher landscape, the ideal candidate will leverage this knowledge to drive ad sales and improve client success. This role will report to our Director of Ad Operations on the Brand Solutions team.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with the sales team to create proposals and responses to Request for Proposal (RFP) requests. Provide accurate placement recommendations and rates that address the challenges outlined
- Package digital media and league sponsorship offerings based on market trends, inventory availability, and client objective to maximize advertising potential
- Create accurate, creative, and strategic media plans that align with client expectations and maximize revenue. Deliver plans in a timely manner
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to establish rates for new products. Manage yield and optimize the sell-through of all advertising solutions
- Assist in inventory management and forecasting
- Answer questions from Sales, Account Management, and clients/agencies throughout the pre-sales process. Assist with proposal revisions and rate negotiations to ensure client satisfaction
- Analyze traffic and performance trends during the planning phase to inform decision-making and enhance campaign effectiveness
- Analyze post campaign performance and keep track of internal and external benchmarks
- Stay current with industry trends and report changes to the team. Provide insights and recommendations on emerging media opportunities and innovations
- Collaborate and confer with peers, managers and leadership to resolve issues and achieve goals. Stakeholders include Sales, Account Management, Ad Operations, League Operations and Product Marketing
What Will Set You Up for Success:
- A minimum of 1-2 years in sales planning, preferably in the digital advertising space
- Proven track record of packaging and selling digital media and onsite
- Familiarity with salesforce, order management system, excel, project management, and google slides
- Strong analytical, organizational, and presentation skills
- Prior experience working at a publisher, preferably mobile experience
- Proactive approach to providing insight that results from intellectual curiosity and an understanding of our customers, products, and strategic objectives
- Experience working in GAM or comparable ad server.
- A passion for storytelling
- TeamSnap user (download and sign up now if you haven’t!)
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers. The minimum starting point for this role is $110,000, inclusive of base and bonus, with comp updated based on multiple factors. Our comp is highly competitive in our space and we adjust overall comp based on relevant experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
TeamSnap is a fully remote company, so you need to be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same time zone as you. We are always expanding, but there is a small list of states we do not hire in, including Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota and West Virginia and while we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
🚀 Opportunities to Grow
At TeamSnap, we work hard to provide a culture of trust, accountability, inclusivity, and boundless opportunities to grow, along with the chance to make a lasting impact and have some fun while doing it.
🎩 Total Rewards
• We're proud to be remote-first. We've been remote since 2009, long before COVID made it cool
• Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
• 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
• 401K to help you invest for the future
• $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
• Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
• Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
• TeamSnap SWAG to our store upon starting and a $50 credit on every work anniversary thereafter
• A monthly stipend reimbursement for health & wellness and so much more!
🏆 Working at TeamSnap
At TeamSnap, you're not a culture fit, you're a culture add. Check out our Culture Playbook and learn how we succeed at being remote-first, what makes our company so unique, and how we're inspired by our people, our customers, and our values.
🧡 Inclusion and Diversity
Creativity and innovation can't thrive when we're cookie-cutter images of each other. We’re quickly growing more diverse, but there's always room for improvement. We are committed to inclusion and diversity at TeamSnap, and we hold ourselves accountable for building an environment where everyone feels valued. If you need any disability-related adaptation during the recruitment process, just let us know! We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.