Director of Product
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2023
🌎 About Us
At TeamSnap, we believe when the world connects through sports; the world becomes better. TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to taking the work out of play in youth sports. We also believe our jobs should excite us, our teammates should support us and our bosses should inspire us. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos, landing us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work" and Built In’s “100 Best Remote-First Places to Work."
TeamSnap is looking for a visionary product leader with a passion for building awesome product experiences for the millions of people who use TeamSnap every day, ultimately working to accelerate the growth of our consumer web and mobile business (B2C). You will collaborate extensively with engineering, ad sales, product marketing, marketing, finance, customer success, and analytics to ensure business success.
If you are someone who leads by deeply understanding customers’ behaviors and needs, has experience with B2C subscriptions and mobile to drive product growth, and are passionate about driving high-impact business results, then you’re exactly who we’re looking for!
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with the Head of Product, Head of Engineering, revenue leaders, and your Product peers in our different business lines including payments, enterprise SaaS, ads, and sponsorship to drive our product strategy and roadmap to accelerate TeamSnap’s business growth. This role has a specific focus on accelerating subscription growth for our millions of fans and families through the development of new offerings and experiences, integrating partners and acquisitions, driving retention, and balancing ad-supported mobile experiences.
- Develop, manage, and analyze high-impact product features and own the daily execution of strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Oversee and mentor a small team of product managers, guiding them in developing and executing effective product strategies, fostering their professional growth.
- Immerse yourself in the world of analytics and experimentation, utilizing these tools to shape our products and strategies.
- Promote and enhance a highly effective, efficient, and innovative agile product culture that executes initiatives on-time, on-budget, with high quality.
- Partner with other product managers, advertising operations, and growth marketing to create a cohesive product vision and customer experience across all product offerings.
- Work collaboratively with design, product development, QA, marketing, and sales to ensure the end-to-end delivery of product features.
- Proactively engage with internal and external stakeholders to bring to life the product vision, roadmap, and alignment to our company goals.
What'll set you up for success:
- BA/BS degree required
- 10+ years of product management experience in consumer software businesses building mobile and responsive web applications.
- Hands-on experience being responsible for business results to inform key strategic and investment decisions.
- Strong understanding of consumer marketing, attribution models, funnel optimization, A/B campaign testing, and experimentation methodologies.
- Hands-on experience leading the launch and improvement of new B2C subscription products.
- Hands-on experience leading and balancing the needs of both subscription and ad-supported experiences within large-scale web and mobile products.
- Hands-on experience integrating partner experiences natively into applications, up to and including successful execution integrating acquired technology.
- Passion for great product experiences - constantly seeking to learn best practices in web and mobile products and apply those to our own products.
- Experience using and implementing human-centered design and lean experimentation practices.
- Ability to do quantitative market research and use data to back your plans and recommendations.
- Fluency with Jira, Confluence, Big Query, SQL.
- A unique mix in your Spotify playlist. (Chipmunks cover band, anyone?)
- A personal connection to youth sports, whether as a parent, player, or fan.
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers. The minimum starting point for this role is $155 OTE, inclusive of base and bonus, with comp updated based on multiple factors. Our comp is highly competitive in our space and we adjust overall comp based on relevant experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
TeamSnap is a fully remote company, so you need to be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same time zone as you. We are always expanding, but there is a small list of states we do not hire in, including Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota and West Virginia and while we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
🚀 Opportunities to Grow
At TeamSnap, we work hard to provide a culture of trust, accountability, inclusivity, and boundless opportunities to grow, along with the chance to make a lasting impact and have some fun while doing it.
🎩 Total Rewards
• We're proud to be remote-first. We've been remote since 2009, long before COVID made it cool
• Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
• 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
• 401K to help you invest for the future
• $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
• Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
• Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
• TeamSnap SWAG to our store upon starting and a $50 credit on every work anniversary thereafter
• A monthly stipend reimbursement for health & wellness and so much more!
🏆 Working at TeamSnap
At TeamSnap, you're not a culture fit, you're a culture add. Check out our Culture Playbook and learn how we succeed at being remote-first, what makes our company so unique, and how we're inspired by our people, our customers, and our values.
🧡 Inclusion and Diversity
Creativity and innovation can't thrive when we're cookie-cutter images of each other. We’re quickly growing more diverse, but there's always room for improvement. We are committed to inclusion and diversity at TeamSnap, and we hold ourselves accountable for building an environment where everyone feels valued. If you need any disability-related adaptation during the recruitment process, just let us know! We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.