IT, Data Science
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
🌎 About Us
At TeamSnap, we believe when the world connects through sports; the world becomes better. TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to taking the work out of play in youth sports. We also believe our jobs should excite us, our teammates should support us and our bosses should inspire us. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos, landing us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work" and Built In’s “100 Best Remote-First Places to Work."
TeamSnap believes in the power of data to produce great business results, and we’re looking for a senior data analyst who can help us do just that. TeamSnap has a wealth of data today -- spanning mobile and web experiences, sales conversion, payments, advertising, marketing, and more.
We need an experienced Data Analyst who can help the B2C and B2B Team organize and maintain that data, as well as translate it into action through analyses, modeling, and data visualization dashboards. We expect this individual to be a true partner to our senior business leaders. Thus, critical thinking and strong communication skills will be essential for success. This role will report to the Lead Data Analyst on our B2C team.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with the business to consult on the performance of KPIs to help decision-making and find new ways to utilize data to drive business outcomes.
- Convert descriptive analytics and data activation into actionable insights, joining insights across our mobile and web experiences.
- Create and manage reporting, visualizations, and dashboards to support our lines of business.
- Deliver insights and reports to marketing, including campaign performance, case studies, audience insights, and other key metrics that could be used for customer acquisition or thought leadership content.
- Responsible for data transformations pertaining to any business logic for data pipelines.
- Deliver performance insights to help influence the prioritization of the product roadmap.
- Collaborate and confer with peers, managers, and leadership to resolve issues and achieve goals. Stakeholders include data, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Marketing and Product.
What Will Set You Up for Success:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of work experience in a data analytics role
- Advanced SQL knowledge: experience with advanced querying and data transformation
- Experience working with Tableau, Mode, Looker, or other business intelligence platforms
- Experience working with BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake, or other warehousing solutions (we are a GCP shop)
- Experience with dbt or similar tool for data transformation
- Experience wrangling imperfect data sets
- Prior experience analyzing product, marketing, and customer data with some experience doing statistical analysis and a basic understanding of statistical modeling concepts
- Experience with A/B testing
- The ability to distill raw data and quantitative analysis into business information and insight
- Proactive approach to providing insight that results from intellectual curiosity and an understanding of our customers, products, and strategic objectives
- Prior experience in SaaS or consumer technology company
- A passion for data storytelling
- TeamSnap user (download and sign up now if you haven’t!)
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers. The minimum starting point for this role is $80,000 inclusive of base and bonus, with comp updated based on multiple factors. Our comp is highly competitive in our space and we adjust overall comp based on relevant experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
TeamSnap is a fully remote company, so you need to be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same time zone as you. We are always expanding, but there is a small list of states we do not hire in, including Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota and West Virginia and while we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
🚀 Opportunities to Grow
At TeamSnap, we work hard to provide a culture of trust, accountability, inclusivity, and boundless opportunities to grow, along with the chance to make a lasting impact and have some fun while doing it.
🎩 Total Rewards
• We're proud to be remote-first. We've been remote since 2009, long before COVID made it cool
• Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
• 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
• 401K to help you invest for the future
• $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
• Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
• Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
• TeamSnap SWAG to our store upon starting and a $50 credit on every work anniversary thereafter
• A monthly stipend reimbursement for health & wellness and so much more!
🏆 Working at TeamSnap
At TeamSnap, you're not a culture fit, you're a culture add. Check out our Culture Playbook and learn how we succeed at being remote-first, what makes our company so unique, and how we're inspired by our people, our customers, and our values.
🧡 Inclusion and Diversity
Creativity and innovation can't thrive when we're cookie-cutter images of each other. We’re quickly growing more diverse, but there's always room for improvement. We are committed to inclusion and diversity at TeamSnap and this includes four employee resource groups: Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA+, and the Talent Acquisition Task Force, designed to reduce unconscious biases in our hiring practices. We hold ourselves accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. If you need any disability-related adaptation during the recruitment process, just let us know! We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.