Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
🌎 About Us
At TeamSnap, we believe when the world connects through sports; the world becomes better. TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to taking the work out of play in youth sports. We also believe our jobs should excite us, our teammates should support us and our bosses should inspire us. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos, landing us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work" and Built In’s “100 Best Remote-First Places to Work."
TeamSnap is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to join our remote infrastructure team. This role will play a pivotal role in ensuring a seamless experience for both our developers and users. By driving improvements in the development lifecycle, automating tasks, and enhancing developer tools, we aim to be the backbone of our product initiatives.
What You'll Do:
Help us build and maintain a world-class platform infrastructure that powers our apps to over 25 million users.
As a Platform Engineer, you'll work on container-orchestrated production systems to improve performance, reliability, and security. You'll use cutting-edge technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, and CI/CD tools to deliver our apps to users around the world.
You'll collaborate closely with other teams to understand their challenges and help them improve their experience. You'll also participate in an on-call rotation, which will give you the opportunity to work with engineers across the organization and identify areas where we can improve our systems.
This is a chance to make a real impact on our business and the millions of users who rely on our platform every day. If you're a passionate engineer who wants to work on challenging and impactful problems, we encourage you to apply.
What Will Set You Up for Success:
- Experience monitoring, scaling, optimizing, and hardening web services and APIs
- Experience with Kubernetes configuration management and IaC tools, such as Terraform
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of [one of] Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, or CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience being part of an on-call rotation on a distributed team
- Experience in one of our core languages GO/Ruby/Elixir/Typescript
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- Experience with monitoring and troubleshooting tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, and Datadog
- Experience with logging and tracing tools such as Elasticsearch, Kibana, and Jaeger
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or other cloud providers (AWS, Azure)
- Can talk to animals, Dr. Doolittle Style
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
TeamSnap is a fully remote company, so you need to be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same time zone as you. We are always expanding, but there is a small list of states we do not hire in, including Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota and West Virginia and while we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
🚀 Opportunities to Grow
At TeamSnap, we work hard to provide a culture of trust, accountability, inclusivity, and boundless opportunities to grow, along with the chance to make a lasting impact and have some fun while doing it.
🎩 Total Rewards
• We're proud to be remote-first. We've been remote since 2009, long before COVID made it cool
• Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
• 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
• 401K to help you invest for the future
• $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
• Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
• Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
• TeamSnap SWAG to our store upon starting and a $50 credit on every work anniversary thereafter
• A monthly stipend reimbursement for health & wellness and so much more!
🏆 Working at TeamSnap
At TeamSnap, you're not a culture fit, you're a culture add. Check out our Culture Playbook and learn how we succeed at being remote-first, what makes our company so unique, and how we're inspired by our people, our customers, and our values.
🧡 Inclusion and Diversity
Creativity and innovation can't thrive when we're cookie-cutter images of each other. We’re quickly growing more diverse, but there's always room for improvement. We are committed to inclusion and diversity at TeamSnap and this includes four employee resource groups: Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA+, and the Talent Acquisition Task Force, designed to reduce unconscious biases in our hiring practices. We hold ourselves accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. If you need any disability-related adaptation during the recruitment process, just let us know! We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.