Financial Operations Specialist - BG
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
It is our duty to create and advance a diverse and inclusive company where all Taulians feel they are celebrated. All individuals are welcomed, free to express themselves and rewarded for showing up as authentically every day. By hiring women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, people of all sexual orientations and from underrepresented and marginalized communities, Taulia will revolutionize fintech.
Taulia is a fintech company that is part of the SAP group. More than 2 million businesses in over 150 countries collaborate on our network. Our customers include Airbus, AstraZeneca, and Nissan. We help them and their suppliers access cash when and where they need it most. Some of our customers have improved their working capital by more than $1 billion while making their supply chains more resilient and sustainable. For more information, please visit www.taulia.com. Compensation is based on a variety of factors including (but not limited to): skills, depth of work experience, certifications, geography, etc. Total compensation for this role includes a generous benefits program, RSU incentive plan and annual performance bonus. Additionally, compensation is reviewed annually and career pathing opportunities are available for continued development.
About the Job
The Financial Operations Specialist role is a unique and exciting opportunity to facilitate smooth B2B transactions in an industry-leading business model. Leveraging skills and experience in banking transactions, working capital management, accounts payable/accounts receivable functions, and customer relationship management, you will partner with some of the largest companies in the world in helping to achieve their working capital and cash goals. This position works closely with the Supplier Success Team, Taulia Customer Support, and Taulia Customers to ensure Taulia maintains and improves delivery of our services to both our internal and external customers and partners.
- Working directly with our Suppliers, Buyers, and Finance Partners regarding issues that arise around early payments and payments, ensuring good internal/external communication, and driving resolution;
- Working with our Supplier Success and Sales team to ensure new Suppliers are on-boarded into our platform seamlessly;
- Taking ownership of issues that arise, maintain a queue and owning the issue until resolution;
- Identifying patterns around issues and communicating system improvement recommendations to management;
- Critical "problem solving" - something didn't work - where/how is it broken and idea/options for resolution;
- Thinking about the big picture - how does something that is happening today (new issue) relate to something that happened in the system or process 3 months ago;
- Work closely with other teams within Taulia (Customer Success, Product Management, Technical Support, Finance);
- Partnering with FinOps Management and our Finance Partners on process improvement and process automation initiatives.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required
- Degree in accounting, finance, economics or business;
- Demonstrated experience in Customer Service or Client Relationship Management;
- Demonstrated ability to do root-cause analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to triage incoming issues and prioritize accordingly;
- Comfortable in a global business setting and experienced with cultural differences with customers, partners and staff;
- Intermediate Excel experience (e.g., Vlookup, Index Match, Pivot Tables).
Nice to have:
- Experience in finance, financial services, accounting, trade finance, supply chain finance, payments or FinTech;
- SAP or other ERP eco-system experience;
- SQL and Relational Database experience;
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM system.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills;
- Possesses strong industry knowledge and a technical aptitude;
- Ability to communicate complex findings and ideas in plain language;
- Ability to empathize with customers and diffuse tense situations;
- Able to work in organized and virtual teams towards a shared goal;
- Ability to change direction quickly, juggle time-sensitive priorities, and evaluate trade-offs;
- Enjoys discovering and solving problems;
- Being able to work in stressful situations and remain effective and flexible.
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.