Taulia's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
It is our duty to create and advance a diverse and inclusive company where all Taulians feel they are celebrated. All individuals are welcomed, free to express themselves and rewarded for showing up as authentically every day. By hiring women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, people of all sexual orientations and from underrepresented and marginalized communities, Taulia will revolutionize fintech.
Taulia is a fintech company that is part of the SAP group. More than 2 million businesses in over 150 countries collaborate on our network. Our customers include Airbus, AstraZeneca, and Nissan. We help them and their suppliers access cash when and where they need it most. Some of our customers have improved their working capital by more than $1 billion while making their supply chains more resilient and sustainable. For more information, please visit www.taulia.com.
About the Job:
We are looking for an ambitious professional who is eager to roll up their sleeves and play a critical role in the scaling of Taulia’s Finance department. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, a self-starter, and has a strong bias toward action. Someone who is flexible and excited by a fast-moving environment. This is a highly visible role - the Senior Accountant will have the opportunity to work directly with department leads and present key insights to upper-level management.
As a Senior Accountant You Will:
- Work closely with the Accounting Manager, to support them with accurate and timely month end closing and reporting.
- Prepare multi-currency: month end journals, bank account reconciliations, income statements, and balance sheet fluxes.
- Ensure reconciliation documentation is clear and up to date.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and review with the Accounting Manager to Identify any errors and make necessary corrections.
- Prepare supporting information for the annual audit with the external/internal auditors.
- Assist the Accounting Manager to ensure that all organizational statutory requirements & their deadlines are met, including VAT/Corporation Tax submissions.
- Manage intercompany transactions and reconcile balances.
- Running the day-to-day activities of the organization, making weekly multi-currency supplier & employee expense payments with the help of EMEA & APAC finance teams
- Handle payroll-related activities, including processing payments, reconciliations, and maintaining accurate records.
- Develop optimal procedures and best practices. Identify process and control improvement opportunities and work with management and peers to implement appropriate changes.
- Lead and contribute to the implementation of new or enhancements of current accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Communicate issues and resolutions to management and affected areas/departments.
- Coordinate solutions to problems of moderate complexity with other departments and business units.
- Provide training for systems processes and procedures for accounting team members.
- Maintain a solid understanding of accounting policies and stay up to date on changes in US GAAP & IFRS.
- Cross-train with other team members to ensure coverage of all accounting areas.
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation and procedures as assigned.
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses and other special projects as assigned.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- 3-5+ years of accounting experience, preferably in Fintech/SAAS, a mixture of Big 4 and industry experience is preferred
- Strong in-depth working knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS, month end close processes, understanding of internal controls, operational accounting procedures, and financial reporting,
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple projects while working with team members, as well as work independently with limited required direction efficiently and effectively.
- Previous experience in preparing multi-currency accounting reconciliations and analysis
- Positive attitude and flexibility to changing priorities, especially in the period of month/quarter/year-end closing.
- Strong attention to detail, including the ability to spot numerical errors.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Eager to learn new things and take on additional tasks to support the team.
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite experience preferred)
- University degree in Accounting preferred
- Qualified or part-qualified accountancy certification (AAT, ACCA, CIMA, or CPA) preferred, not required.
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote-friendly environment
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- Comprehensive PTO Structure (PTO, Sick Leave, Bereavement)
- Global Parental Leave
- Company issued equipment (Laptop, monitor, etc.)
- 401k with match
- Career Development/Pathing
- EAP Program/Mental Health Advocacy
- Supportive Work Culture
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer --Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.