Software Engineer (SAP BTP)
Taulia's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
It is our duty to create and advance a diverse and inclusive company where all Taulians feel they are celebrated. All individuals are welcomed, free to express themselves, and rewarded for showing up authentically every day. By hiring women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, people of all sexual orientations, and from underrepresented and marginalized communities, Taulia will revolutionize fintech.
About the Job:
Taulia is looking for a Software Engineer to join our integration team. As a member of that team, you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and improving the cloud integration interface with the Taulia platform.
The Software Engineer is responsible for designing and developing enterprise integration solutions. The candidate will work closely with other integration engineers and Taulia platform teams to deliver scalable, enterprise solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop complex features to achieve project and sprint milestones.
- Work in core components within the SAP BTP that include integration workflows, persistence, meta-data model, object model framework, customization framework, and UI frameworks.
- Work closely with quality assurance engineers to define test cases and test plans.
- Do whatever is necessary, at all tiers, to scale our globally deployed solution running in the cloud without waiting for assignments.
- Lead by example and inspire people to do their best. Improve productivity and protect it.
- Keep things realistic. Solve challenging problems and – more importantly – help avoid them.
Core Skills and Key Competencies:
- 5+ years of experience working as a contributor in a small, high-velocity professional software engineering team.
- Experience building cloud integration software. You understand how to work within the constraints of large datasets, customers, and load, without getting frustrated.
- Strong Core Java or Groovy knowledge is a must.
- Experience with database concepts and skills, preferably with SAP Hana, Sybase, and PostgresQL.
- Understands enterprise design and system integration patterns.
- Experience with TDD methodologies and a good understanding of the development lifecycle in an agile environment.
- Experience with REST web services and modern APIs.
- Familiarity with event and messaging-based architecture, and related technologies.
BTP IS Experience
- SAP BTP Integration Suite Proficiency: Strong expertise in SAP BTP Integration Suite, including tools and services like SAP Cloud Integration (CPI), SAP API Management, and SAP Event Mesh.
- Integration Techniques and Patterns: In-depth understanding of various integration techniques and patterns, such as point-to-point, hub-and-spoke, and ESB-based integration. Knowledge of synchronous and asynchronous communication, as well as API-led and event-driven integration approaches.
- Integration with 3rd Party Systems: Experience in integrating S/4 HANA with third-party systems, on-premise, cloud, and SaaS applications using iPaaS solutions, like SAP BTP Integration Suite.
- API Development: Proficiency in designing, developing, and managing APIs using REST and SOAP protocols, as well as API security, authentication, and authorization mechanisms.
- Industry Standards and Protocols: Familiarity with industry-standard data formats and protocols, such as XML, JSON, EDI, OData, and IDoc, as well as knowledge of integration-specific standards like AS2, SFTP, and JMS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively collaborate with System integrators, teammates, onshore/offshore teams, and stakeholders.
Java Experience on BTP
- Should be able to design and develop the data model using the CDS and deploy to HANA DB.
- Should be able to develop the services using the CAPM Java.
- Should have strong experience & knowledge on SAP BTP Services, Components like Destinations, Connectivity, XSUAA, EvenMesh, Job Schedulers, MTA.
- Should have strong knowledge & experience on SAP BTP Cloud deployment process / dev ops process.
- Should be able to design and walk thru the designed solution by comparing possible options, pros & cons of designed solution.
- Should have strong experience in App Router, Security, UI5 technologies.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in Maven, microservices (Angular, Spring Boot), OData, Sybase, SAP Cloud Integration, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Cloud Native.
- Experience building Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, or other financial software.
- Experience mentoring other software engineers.
Taulia is a fintech company that is part of the SAP group. More than 2 million businesses in over 150 countries collaborate on our network. Our customers include Airbus, AstraZeneca, and Nissan. We help them and their suppliers access cash when and where they need it most. Some of our customers have improved their working capital by more than $1 billion while making their supply chains more resilient and sustainable. For more information, please visit www.taulia.com.
Compensation is based on a variety of factors including (but not limited to): skills, depth of work experience, certifications, geography, etc. Total compensation for this role includes a generous benefits program, RSU incentive plan, and annual performance bonus. Additionally, compensation is reviewed annually and career pathing opportunities are available for continued development.
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote-friendly environment
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- Comprehensive PTO Structure (PTO, Sick Leave, Bereavement)
- Global Parental Leave
- Company-issued equipment (Laptop, monitor, etc.)
- 401k with match
- Career Development/Pathing
- EAP Program/Mental Health Advocacy
- Supportive Work Culture
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer --Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.