Senior Software Engineer (Banking)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Synapse is a Banking as a Service (BaaS) provider with a clear mission, to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth. Synapse’s unified platform provides industry-compliant payment, card issuance, deposit, lending, credit, and investment products through simple APIs. We are the only BaaS provider that enables builders to launch feature complete deposit, credit products in weeks.
Our culture and values are simple and straightforward. We share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative and action-oriented. We are a team of conscientious, hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose. As we accelerate our growth, your career and opportunities will grow as well making it an exciting time to join Synapse.
This position is specifically on our Banking team.
What You Will Do
- Take pride in writing high quality code. This means it is easy to understand, reliable, well-tested, and scalable.
- Bring an abundantly-positive attitude as you collaborate with other people and teams to solve problems and launch new features.
- Help the team improve through code reviews, participation in design discussions, and by generously sharing your knowledge.
- Support the team’s project ownership, from development to production. This includes fixing bugs, improving performance, and participating in an on-call rotation.
What You Will Bring
- 7+ years of software engineering experience, including large-scale production systems.
- A strong command of Python and a love of writing tests.
- Banking & payments knowledge is a big plus.
- Experience with Flask, MongoDB, Redis, AWS, and Github is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant hands-on experience required.
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.