Director of FP&A
California, USA · Florida, USA · Texas, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
At Synapse, our mission is to accelerate the democratization of best in class financial products for everybody. You can see all of our current products here: https://synapsefi.com/products.
We are looking for a goal-oriented professional to join our growing Finance team. As a FP&A Director you will be responsible for providing much of the data and analyses that will steer business decisions for the organization and help us plot our path forward.
We're a quickly growing team so an open mind and flexibility is critical as we scale!
What You Will Do
- Build trusted relationships with senior executives and functional leadership.
- Own financial planning, forecasting, and variance analysis, including business and revenue models.
- Identify, understand, and develop solutions to complex business challenges.
- Perform ad-hoc business performance reporting.
- Optimize monthly, quarterly, & annual forecasting processes and variance reporting, partnering with our accounting team.
- Generate P&L insights for management, both top-line and expense related; expand upon areas of opportunity with follow-up analyses and recommendations.
- Partner with the accounting team to improve systems and processes to ensure accurate, detailed financial reporting.
- Implement automated forecasting tools - either stand-alone (e.g., Vena, Vecto ML) or in connection with accounting software
- Provide FP&A finance support to the accounting teams related to productivity, demand planning, reporting, and metrics in a timely manner.
- Dive deep into financial data and become a subject matter expert to provide additional insights and proactively identify opportunities for improvement across key business metrics - revenue generation, expense management, cash flow optimization.
- Work on corporate projects and initiatives that impact the entire organization.
What You Will Bring
- 5-6 years FP&A experience in financial services and/or SaaS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, MBA degree a plus
- Proven management and leadership skills
- A player-coach mentality with the ability to both roll up your sleeves and serve as a thoughtful, company-wide partner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: able to interact with varying degrees of management
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects across an organization
- Proficiency in Excel, including modeling and data analytics and strong SQL skills are a must.
- Results-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful team player that excels in a dynamic environment.
- Highly analytical with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Compensation is expected to be between $157,000 - $202,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills and location.
What We Offer
- 💰Competitive Compensation
- 🍎Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- 💚401(k) with company matching up to 4%
- 🏝PTO & Holidays
- ✨Life Insurance & LTD
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.
See more open positions at SynapseFI
Something looks off?