Senior Software Engineer (Identity)
California, USA · Florida, USA · Texas, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Synapse is a Banking as a Service (BaaS) provider with a clear mission, to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth. Synapse’s unified platform provides industry compliant payment, card issuance, deposit, lending, and credit products through simple APIs. We are the only BaaS provider that enables builders to launch feature-complete deposit and credit products in weeks.
Our culture and values are simple and straightforward. We share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative and action-oriented. We are a team of conscientious, hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose. As we accelerate our growth, your career and opportunities will grow as well, making it an exciting time to join Synapse.
What You Will Do
- Write clean, scalable and reliable code - this will become the foundation for new product launches.
- Collaborate and work cross functionally with other technical teams (Payments, Risk, Platform & Core) to solve complex problems and/or launch new API features.
- Research and prototype high quality solutions to solve complex fintech problems and implement them for production deployments.
- Work with Product Managers and Customer Growth teams to review business use cases and evaluate technical solutions with focus on scalability, security and extensibility.
- Perform code reviews and serve as a mentor to team members on engineering and coding best practices.
- Leverage the best of Synapse’s tech stack to build from the ground up when necessary, and be agile to debug existing production issues and roll out fixes.
- Periodically communicate with new or existing customers, serving as a subject matter expert on Synapse Risk products.
- Design, build and refactor backend integrations to continuously improve performance and reliability of existing internal and vendor API integrations
- Take ownership of your work from ideation to deployment.
- Develop polished, testable, and trustworthy systems that eliminate manual tasks for the financial services industry.
- Be a team player and deliver in fast paced agile schedules to meet quarterly KPI’s.
- A general concern for the wellbeing of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for humanity.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Statistics and/or any other related field required; Advanced degree is a plus.
- 7+ years of working experience in product development, with good command on design, development and testing of backend applications
- Extensive knowledge in Python libraries to build and integrate API’s with with focus on clean and high-quality code
- Experience with ELK, MongoDB/NoSQL, Redshift and Redis databases
- Ability to leads teams in building large scale systems to solve challenging problems and provide support to fix customer reported issues
- Experience coding in Python using Flask/Django to build APIs, Docker and Kubernetes to containerize and orchestrate continuous code deployment.
- Experience in AWS or other public cloud service along with version control tools and monitoring tools like ELK, Datadog is preferred
- Compensation is expected to be between $136,000 - $175,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills and location.
What We Offer
- 💰Competitive Compensation
- 🍎Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- 💚401(k) with company matching up to 4%
- 🏝PTO & Holidays
- ✨Life Insurance & LTD
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.
See more open positions at SynapseFI
Something looks off?