Senior Software Engineer
California, USA · Florida, USA · Texas, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Synapse is a Banking as a Service (BaaS) provider with a clear mission to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth. Synapse’s unified platform provides industry-compliant payment, card issuance, deposit, lending, and credit products through simple APIs. We are the only BaaS provider that enables builders to launch feature complete deposit and credit products in weeks.
Our culture and values are simple and straightforward. We share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative and action-oriented. We are a team of conscientious, hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose. As we accelerate our growth, your career and opportunities will grow as well making it an exciting time to join Synapse.
What You Will Do
- Write clean, scalable and reliable code - this will become the foundation for new product launches.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally across all technical teams (Payments, Risk, Platform & Core) to solve complex problems and/or launch new API features.
- Prototype high-quality solutions for complex software problems and implement them for production bank deployments.
- Architect systems, building for scale from inception to execution.
- Periodically communicate with new or existing customers, serving as a subject matter expert on Synapse products.
- Perform code reviews and serve as a mentor to team members on engineering best practices.
- Leverage the best of Synapse’s stack, build from the ground up when necessary in order to create and debug existing production issues.
- Design, improve, and execute backend implementations of new and existing production applications Take ownership of your work from ideation to deployment.
- Develop polished, testable, and trustworthy systems that eliminate manual tasks for the financial services industry.
- Be a team player and deliver on high-priority schedules and goals. A general concern for the well-being of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for humanity.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Statistics or Relevant hands-on experience required
- Advanced degree is a plus.
- 7+ years of production experience, core fundamentals, and/or related professional backend engineering experience
- Strong command of Python with a love for writing tests.
- Experience with DataDog, MongoDB and Redis databases is a plus but not required.
- Having experience in building large-scale systems to solve challenging and complex issues
- Along with Python, we use flask to build APIs, docker to containerize them, Jenkins/EKS to deploy and orchestrate, AWS to host, Airflow to schedule jobs (and obviously Github in between all this). So experience with some of this stack is preferred.
- Having banking & payments knowledge is a plus
- Compensation is expected to be between $144,000 - $205,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills and location.
What We Offer
- 💰Competitive Compensation
- 🍎Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- 💚401(k) with company matching up to 4%
- 🏝PTO & Holidays
- ✨Life Insurance & LTD
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.