Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2023
We are looking for a Dispute Analyst with a love for finance and a desire to ensure that our customers succeed.
At Synapse, our mission is to accelerate democratization of best in class financial products for everybody. On a day-to-day basis, compliance analysts lead compliance investigations at Synapse which impact the company, our customers, and end users. We are building a full stack bank, so compliance investigations range from ACH transfers to deposit account compliance to cards.
The Dispute Analyst is expected to perform all duties chargebacks and disputes resulting from card payments including, but not limited to the review of customer transactions, investigating fraud claims initiated by customers and/or financial institutions, identifying potential card fraud, friendly fraud, and other fraud types that may impact business growth.
What You Will Do
- Handle all aspects of the dispute process in compliance with MasterCard, Reg E and /or Reg Z guidelines, and other applicable federal and state rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Reg E and Reg Z.
- Use analysis to segment customer behavior and develop targeted solutions to prevent sophisticated fraud activity.
- Develop chargeback response strategies and gather the evidence required to fight chargebacks and/or resolving of dispute inquiries from cardholders, financial institutions, merchants, and internal departments.
- Exercise sound judgment to escalate issues to the appropriate resource when unable to resolve the problem in a reasonable amount of time.
- Aggregate and analyze statistical data on cards and chargebacks in identifying patterns and working with the Risk team to develop strategies needed to tackle fraud trends.
- Develop internal procedures governing chargeback processing and evidence submission.
- Partner with internal groups and external banking institutions to resolve issues;
- Collaborate with our Customer Support team to research and respond to dispute-related customer inquiries and issues
- Respond to customer and partner inquiries for chargeback and dispute related questions
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in an analytical field e.g. Economics, Operations, Business, or related fields.
- 2+ years of experience in chargeback dispute resolution and risk management with MasterCard
- Up to date knowledge of MasterCard Rules and Regulations, and internal procedures relating to card payments and chargeback dispute processing.
- Strong working knowledge of Reg E and Reg Z.
- Ability to work efficiently with internal and external partners
- Abile to take initiative and work independently.
- Basic experience with scripting languages such as Python
- MongoDB experience (no-SQL data environment)
- Relevant Fraud Certifications
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.