Software Engineer (Risk Engineering)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2023
Synapse is a Banking as a Service (BaaS) provider with a clear mission, to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth. Synapse’s unified platform provides industry compliant payment, card issuance, deposit, lending, and credit products through simple APIs. We are the only BaaS provider that enables builders to launch feature-complete deposit and credit products in weeks.
Our culture and values are simple and straightforward. We share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative and action-oriented. We are a team of conscientious, hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose. As we accelerate our growth, your career and opportunities will grow as well making it an exciting time to join Synapse.
What You Will Do
- Build software products with focus on design, development and testing.
- Prototype high-quality solutions for complex banking and fintech problems, take ownership of E2E from implementation from design to production deployment for new product launches.
- Work with Product Managers to review business use cases and evaluate technical solutions with focus on scalability, security and extensibility.
- Participate in code reviews and technical design discussions partnering with tech leads and other engineers
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with other technical teams (Payments, Risk, Platform & Core) to solve complex problems and/or launch new API features.
- Periodically communicate with new or existing customers, serving as a subject matter expert on Synapse products.
- Leverage the best of Synapse’s tech stack to build or enhance API’s, troubleshoot technical issues, test and deploy high quality code to production
- Develop polished, testable, and trustworthy systems that eliminate manual tasks for the financial services industry.
- Be a team player and deliver in fast paced agile schedules to meet planned quarterly goals and KPI’s.
- Demonstrate team player qualities with general concern for the overall wellbeing team and other Synapse colleagues with a desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for humanity.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics and/or any other related field required; Advanced degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience of product development with a passion for writing good quality code with strong programming fundamentals.
- Strong command of Python and other OOP languages with a passion to learn and use new technologies.
- Experience working on ELK, MongoDB, Redis or other non-relational databases
- Ability to work team leads in building large scale systems to solve challenging problems and provide support to fix customer reported issues
- Experience coding in Python using Flask/Django to build APIs, Docker and Kubernetes to containerize and orchestrate continuous code deployment.
- Experience in AWS or other public cloud service along with version control tools and monitoring tools like ELK, Datadog is preferred
- Having banking & payments knowledge is a plus
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.