Sr. Data Analyst
WHO WE ARE
SQUIRE is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for barbershops, a hundred-billion-dollar global industry. We provide a one-stop solution that helps small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses. SQUIRE is also the premiere booking engine that connects people with great barbers nationwide. We make it easy to discover and book the best barbers wherever you are, in just a few taps.
With headquarters in New York, NY and a presence in major cities in the United States and the U.K., SQUIRE has quickly become the market leader in technology solutions for the barbershop industry. We are a Series D company and have raised over $165M to date.
We are seeking a highly skilled and results-driven Sr. Data Analyst to join our dynamic team. If you are a talented professional with a passion for transforming complex datasets into actionable insights, this is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact.
As a Senior Data Analyst at SQUIRE, you will work as part of our Analytics team, reporting to VP of Products. Your primary responsibility will be to provide clean, tested, well-documented, and well-modeled data sets that empower data scientists and business users. You will work extensively with Snowflake and Looker to create custom experiences for over 200 Looker users. Additionally, you will collaborate with product engineering teams to ensure that source data modeling meets downstream requirements and maintain SQL data transformation scripts. You will advise internal teams on their analysis and problem formulations. You will work with our IT team to manage administrative responsibilities of our BI stack such as SysAdmin, access management, and security.
- Collaborate with product engineering teams to ensure source data modeling meets downstream requirements.
- Maintain and develop SQL data transformation scripts and create data models to achieve clean, denormalized, and aggregated datasets.
- Build dashboards and explores in Looker, leveraging LookML to create custom experiences for users.
- Work with data scientists and other analytics engineers to surface clean, intuitive datasets in Looker.
- Manage Looker administrative tasks, including SysAdmin, access management, and security.
- A minimum of 4+ years of experience in Data Engineering, BI Engineering, or Analytics Engineering.
- Excellent SQL skills, including CTEs, temp tables, window functions, joins, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Looker, including experience with LookML and administrative tasks.
- Strong understanding of SQL ETL/ELT, data modeling concepts and structuring new data tables.
- Knowledge of cloud-based MPP data warehousing (e.g., Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift).
Nice to Have:
- Experience with DAGs to manage script dependencies
- Python coding skills, particularly in automation and integrations.
- Knowledge of the Looker API, dBT
What we Offer
- Competitive base salary
- New hire stock grant
- 100% employer paid medical/dental/vision insurance for you and your dependents
- 401K plan with automatic company contribution of 4% of eligible earnings - we contribute regardless of whether you do!
- Generous PTO and Parental Leave policies
SQUIRE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.