Senior Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
New Jersey, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
At Side, we believe everyone should own their path.
Side is a real estate startup that pioneered the concept of brokerage-as-a-service to help top real estate professionals create and run their own companies without having to operate a brokerage. Our proprietary platform makes the real estate transaction process far more efficient for both agents and home buyers/sellers.
Before Side, exceptional real estate agents had two choices: You could join an antiquated traditional brokerage, relinquish control of your business, and pay hefty fees for marginal value. Or you could start your own independent brokerage, massively increase your liability, and take on the burden of running your own back office. We created a third option: Own your own business and run it on the Side platform. Agents get to focus on what they do best — selling real estate — while Side operates in the background to facilitate their transactions, and help them grow.
Side is led by experienced industry professionals and world-class engineers who develop technology designed to improve agent productivity and enhance the client experience. The company is backed by over $300 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms, including Coatue, Tiger, D1, Sapphire, Trinity, and Matrix.. Headquartered in San Francisco, Side currently operates in 16 states, with plans to expand nationwide in the coming years. We were named Company of the Year by Inman News (the leading industry publication) and a Most Innovative Company of 2022 by Fast Company.
At Side, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate and innovate your way to success. Becoming an inSider means that you’ll be empowering business leaders to become business owners, all while forging your own path with like-minded entrepreneurs. Join us at Side and own your career, your impact, and your life!
ABOUT THE COMPANY AND THE ROLE
Side empowers and enables top producing real estate professionals to own a real estate company without the legal, regulatory and operational complexity that comes with running a brokerage. It is the only “brokerage as a service” operating platform in the country and the only community of boutique real estate company owners in the country.
Side is the most unique and empowering offering for top producing real estate professionals. We are a fast growing enterprise and recognized as one of the most innovative companies in real estate. We are looking to build the go-to-market team that is going to drive forward Side’s aggressive growth goals.
The Senior Account Executive is an integral role for that mandate and we are looking for the right person to take on this challenging (and fun) opportunity. This role will have a unique focus on complex real estate teams and $100M+ producers
- Be a Side core value carrier and evangelist of the Side mission
- Work with your market based sales teammates to build go-to-market lists of qualified Side partner prospects.
- Execute Side’s blueprint for bringing awareness, qualifying and recruiting prospective Side partners onto the platform.
- Work with the market based community team, which include customer success and managing brokers, to grow your owned accounts and assigned market.
- Grow and maintain healthy relationships with prospective Side partners and associates in your market.
- Forecast and meet assigned individual and team sales targets.
- Be an expert on all things Side and the real estate industry.
- Be an expert on all things related to your assigned market/s.
- Participate as a productive cross-functional partner to all inSiders.
- Be available to travel 25% of any given month.
What will make you a strong fit for this role
- 7+ years of sales and/or account management experience.
- Hands-on experience with prospecting, cold-calling, and building out a new territory.
- Track record of meeting or exceeding sales targetsExperience working with standard CRM, Voice, Video and SMS solutions.
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- We need “builders” so you will need be a self-starter and hard working.
- You are a relationship builder.
- You are an open communicator and exceptional at it.
- You work well inside of a team based organization.
- Real estate related experience preferred but not required.
Side is dedicated to working with the highest skilled people from the most inclusive talent pool feasible. We maintain that diversity in all aspects leads to positive change, solutions and innovation for our customers and career fulfillment for our employees. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply!
Side uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many of our customers means that a background and DRE license check is required to join Side. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.