Senior Product Manager, Kaia
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
Outreach is seeking a Senior Product Manager with a proven track record for bringing products to market with high customer impact to drive product momentum and revenue growth at a global scale in the B2B SaaS arena. This role will be responsible for Kaia platform roadmap and defining a strategy for streamlining Rep workflows.
Outreach Kaia gives sales reps all the tools they need to confidently run sales meetings through access to just-in-time content, insights about buyers and real-time analytics about conversation dynamics. Sales reps are able to spend more time helping buyers, and less time taking notes and updating records through Kaia meeting summaries and follow up. Sales Leaders have full deal transparency and all the information they need to coach their reps with ML driven insights and analytics.
Your Daily Adventures
- Work with internal & external customers, stakeholders to define a strategy for Kaia for Reps experience.
- Work with platform partners to build differentiated experiences with Kaia.
- Own rollout and adoption of features and keep evolving our Kaia vision
- Work with internal & external stakeholders to identify areas of investment for the Kaia squad
Our Vision of You
- Strong technical aptitude; deeply familiar with modern application development and hyper-focused on data. Past experience with ML/AI a plus
- High intellectual horse-power, deeply analytical, high EQ, curious, and process oriented. Knows the art (user love) and science (metrics based growth) of product management.
- Strong people skills; can hype up a team rally behind a common product mission
- Experience managing broad set of dependencies across multiple squads and communicating with stakeholders effectively while staying focused on priorities under pressure with resource constraints
- Has shipped products and understands shipping products is not about getting to GA (but instead that is when your journey with users at large starts). Has worked with the GTM team to position, message, enable, roll out, and train teams on the product offering.
- Embodies our core values: Play full out, Operate from a mindset of abundance, Win impeccably, Elevate the customer, Rally the culture
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status