Senior Benefits Administrator
Accounting & Finance
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
About The Role
Outreach is looking for a Senior Benefits Administrator to join our growing team! Come lead the design and delivery of our global benefit strategy so that we attract and retain the best talent and enable our rapidly growing business to scale. In this role, you will be responsible for end-to-end administration for all global benefits programs, compliance, and reporting.
This role requires a mix of strategic planning, customer focused design, and hands-on operational excellence to deliver global and country specific programs. You will thrive in fast paced environments where you lead multiple priorities and apply your excellent knowledge of laws and market trends.
You will contribute to overall strategic decisions and vision in the People function. By contributing your deep understanding of market trends, you will help us continuously improve our employee experience and further our reputation as a great place to work.
Location: This is a hybrid position located in Seattle, WA or Atlanta, GA (ideally at least once/week in the office).
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Design and champion Outreach’s global benefits philosophy and strategy, and lead the implementation and administration of all programs in alignment with our values and culture
- Design and evaluate programs and make recommendations that will further Outreach’s business strategy, competitive advantage for talent and improve our people experience
- Ensure programs operate a high standard, are aligned with company policies and all national, state and local legal, regulatory considerations and disclosure requirements, and maintain benefit plan documentation
- Design and implement communications and training to increase engagement and understanding of the value they deliver
- Prepare and present analyses and recommendations to senior leadership, providing thought leadership and guidance
- Partner with key internal partners (such as Finance, Legal, People Operations) to ensure efficient administration and excellent customer service
- Provide oversight to insurance partners, consultants and carriers to ensure service delivery to employees, maintain enrollment data, ensure that enrollment and terminations are accurately and efficiently reported. Complete periodic plan audits to ensure accurate reporting and costs
- Work closely with brokers to conduct benchmark analysis to provide competitive and cutting edge benefits and enable Outreach to rapidly scale
- Lead provider evaluations including requests for proposals, selection and implementation processes
- Identify, assess and manage partnerships with external vendors, third party administrators and contractors; ensure these partnerships deliver excellent service and cost-effective programs
Our Vision Of You
- Strong knowledge in global benefits and market leading practices in both the US and internationally
- Demonstrated success managing global projects in a high-growth company; experience in startups and companies known for innovative practices preferred
- Exceptional business insight and analytical skills, with a proven ability to rigorously measure and analyze the right things to meet business objectives and improve effectiveness
- Transparent and high integrity communication style, with the ability to both empathetically listen and to simply and clearly communicate sophisticated concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer first mindset, and the ability to build credibility with, and effectively influence, multiple stakeholders, including executives
- Thrive in an environment where you can create, build, learn and iterate to continuously improve
- Excellent understanding of global compliance and regulatory requirements including ERISA and HIPAA, with an advanced knowledge of 401(k), STD/LTD/FMLA and global wellness plans
- Proven track record in directing vendors and negotiating contracts and agreements
The base salary range for this role is $85,500 - $121,500. You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status